Thread: Yamaha 130 V4

Yamaha 130 V4

Hi anyone have the specs for this motor like fuel economy and performance info?

Re: Yamaha 130 V4

they go like all buggery, and love a drink

heavier the boat the more fuel they like. Typical of all carby motors

that said though, in their day they were the best there was compared to the others

but, normally a very reliable engine

I have a 115 V4 - just slightly less compression and smaller jetting I think. Anyway it pushes the big Vag way beyond what my expectations were. 63kph with 160litres of fuel and 2 blokes with heaps of gear aboard at 5,500rpm. Good hole shot and excellent mid range cruising. Mid range cruising at about 45kph is about 28-32l/hour and WOT is 48-50l/hr on the Navman fuel flow. Great motor. Great torque and reliability.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Thanks so looks like I dont have much to stress about should have more than enough power just a bit thirsty but thats ok.

cheers

whats it on?

Boat is a 615 Yalta Craft ,but thanks have found the specs on the Web looks like it will do the job but may be thirsty when under load.

cheers
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Yeah, i have the 115 and it's a little thirsty.

Usually cruise at 24knots for 24-25 LPH. Wot is 49 liters and she does 34knots.

Remember seing the fuel use curve on the 115 and the best figure was at about 4500 rpm. The amount it used at about 3200 was scary. So happily you can push it along and get the best economy if that is the right word for it.

I have found a new boat but it’s the 555 so a little smaller in size but it’s a much newer rig with a 2009 115 4 Stroke Yamaha, this may be a better buy and the 115 is almost new. The 115 4 stroke should be more than capable of doing the job on the back of a 555? Anyone got the 115 4 strok on their 555?

Cheers
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Mate I might be talking out of my posterior cause I have not been in a 115 4 stroke, but I dont think the throttle response and hole shot of a 115 4 stroke would be as good as the 115 2 stroke. Thats just my gut feeling so take it for what its worth. They are almost identical capacity, but the 2 stroke is a 4 not a straight, its max power comes in about 500rpm lower and its a 2 stroke.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Had a pair of 115's on a 5.5 Markham Whaler. 22 lts per hour each @ 4000 rpm doing 55 kmh spinning 19" S/S props. They were not working very hard.

Seldom pushed it any harder as the hull was a pig of a sea boat.
    Weather forecasters, they will either starve you or kill you...