Thread: Faust in September

Faust in September

How is Faust fishing and what will it be like in first couple weeks in September. Havent fished there for a couple of years and going north to look after grandchildren in August.

Just wondering if worth taking the boat and dropping in for a few days on way south about second week of September.

Also what is closest cabin type accommodation available.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Trevor
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Re: Faust in September

Hi Trev,
    From reports i've heard Lake Proserpine has been fishing quite well at times with some big fish in there.

As you would know it's always best to give Lindsay a call,he's got the best knowledge of the dam.

I reckon Camp Kanga would have to be the closest cabin type accomondation, although i missed last year through having to have an opperation i am told the cabins now have a bar fridge in them and tables bolted onto the wall just outside the door. To boot its nice and handy to the ramp, but i would get in quickly as September is the time hordes arrive from all over to fish the full moon.

It's a beautfil lake and very much worth seeing and fishing, Trev you have been there mate you know what its like.

Cheers,
    John. PS. I'll be there in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Hi Trev,
    From reports i've heard Lake Proserpine has been fishing quite well at times with some big fish in there.

As you would know it's always best to give Lindsay a call,he's got the best knowledge of the dam.

I reckon Camp Kanga would have to be the closest cabin type accomondation, although i missed last year through having to have an opperation i am told the cabins now have a bar fridge in them and tables bolted onto the wall just outside the door. To boot its nice and handy to the ramp, but i would get in quickly as September is the time hordes arrive from all over to fish the full moon.

It's a beautfil lake and very much worth seeing and fishing, Trev you have been there mate you know what its like.

Cheers,
    If you haven't seen the new water levels - you'll b e blown away ....... the back of the dam looks sensational

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Hi Trev,

Cheers,
    John,

Thanks for that, will try to fix the dates in September and make a booking.

Will give Lindsay a ring also.

October going up to Mondy for 10days taking younger brother.

Appreciate the advice.

Regards

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    If you haven't seen the new water levels - you'll b e blown away ....... the back of the dam looks sensational

chris
    Chris,

Last time up there it was around 16%, so imagine it will be great site to see.

Thanks

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by mylestom View Post
    Chris,

Last time up there it was around 16%, so imagine it will be great site to see.

Thanks

Trev
    It will be a surprise then Trev ........ remember that wall of massive trees as you headed towards that prominent mountain to the North - -- - - - well now you pass those spindly sticks and keep going another km or so . The creek beds and the points down the back
    I'm sure you'll enjoy the exploring.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO