Thread: Attempted Theft Cairns Boat Ramp.

Attempted Theft Cairns Boat Ramp.

G'day all,

Just letting everyone know to be aware that today someone has had a crack at stealing my boat trailer from my car while parked at the Edmonton Speedway Boat Ramp, I was only gone for a couple of hours, anyway when I got home and was putting the boat away I unlocked the trailer lock from the tow hitch, disconnected the trailer from the car then when I went to put the lock back on the trailer hitch it wouldn't fit back up, it was then I noticed the trailer lock was bent out of shape and had a couple of deep gouges in the metal............. anyway lucky this time.
    Bundy Rum.......... Not just great for breakfast.

Re: Attempted Theft Cairns Boat Ramp.

Lucky mate - can you tell us what brand of trailer lock you were using as it looks like it may be one of the more effective ones?

Bund Rum also kills ticks, fleas and STDs...
    Cheers
    Wal

low life...........really deserve a good slappin.........with an oar.

That's lucky for you.

Unfortunately it's starting to happen more. We had someone pinch the winch off the bullbar of the toyota. Low life scum. It was at the sugar terminal ramp. Who in the world does that. The ramp was packed that day too.

Pazz

Quote Originally Posted by WalFish View Post
    Lucky mate - can you tell us what brand of trailer lock you were using as it looks like it may be one of the more effective ones?

Bund Rum also kills ticks, fleas and STDs...
    Mate it's just one of those common bent up steel units with the two locking positions, so it can be fixed to just the trailer tow hitch, or fixed over the tow hitch when connected to the car...... don't imagine it's any great locking device, but in this case it was just enough to slow the theft, then probably someone has come along and ruined there chances............. So i'll thank the big fella in the sky for that one. I'll try to upload a pic???............
    Oh and good tips too regarding the Bundy Rum, and here i was just thinking it was good for brekky, colds and sore throats, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazz01 View Post
    That's lucky for you.

Unfortunately it's starting to happen more. We had someone pinch the winch off the bullbar of the toyota. Low life scum. It was at the sugar terminal ramp. Who in the world does that. The ramp was packed that day too.

Pazz
    Sorry to hear that Pazz, sh*t if they'll theive gear at the sugar terminals, we've got no chance at speedway............ i and by the way i reported it to the Edmonton Coppers who say they'll do a couple more drive by's down there each day, they reckon it's been pretty good down there of late.........

Hey just noticed i have i have a red square image on my original post, when i put the curser on it it pops up "received infraction" can anyone tell me what that is about?

Mate dont no but i have the same lock set up as you and i found mine like what you described also but it was from me doing to tight a turn causing the damage. Might be worth looking at to see if there is any marks on the tow hitch just a thought anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by indy View Post
    Mate dont no but i have the same lock set up as you and i found mine like what you described also but it was from me doing to tight a turn causing the damage. Might be worth looking at to see if there is any marks on the tow hitch just a thought anyway.
    Yeah thanks for that, i had a check and there are no marks on the car tow hitch, i actually had a good look all around the rear of the vehicle in case they'd taken out there frustration somewhere else as they couldn't get the lock off......... but yep i'll pay some careful attention again next time with regard to the turning.....

That looks like the same as Trailer Lock With Padlock SKU: 91171, being sold by Whitworths Marine.

I don't think it is suppose to be attached while towing

They describe it as
    Key Benefits & Features:
    This steel trailer lock gives an economic method of securing your trailer either to the car or from being towed. Please note this device is not to be used while towing.

Still looks like good value to save the trailer. I'll have to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Defore View Post
    That looks like the same as Trailer Lock With Padlock SKU: 91171, being sold by Whitworths Marine.

I don't think it is suppose to be attached while towing

They describe it as
    Key Benefits & Features:
    This steel trailer lock gives an economic method of securing your trailer either to the car or from being towed. Please note this device is not to be used while towing.

Still looks like good value to save the trailer. I'll have to get one.
    Thats interesting, i thought the reason it had two locking positions was so it could fit either just the trailer hitch when stored, or over the car/trailer hitch when connected........ i'll have to look into this further?

Quote Originally Posted by barrabart View Post
    Thats interesting, i thought the reason it had two locking positions was so it could fit either just the trailer hitch when stored, or over the car/trailer hitch when connected........ i'll have to look into this further?
    Thats right but it reduces your turning circle. I have twisted mine up a little by just this thing. The idea is to use it while the trailer is by itself at home and then again while it is parked in the parking area. Remove it for traveling as not too many people have their trailers stolen at 100 km/hr

Cheers
    Chris