Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: great wall x240

Re: great wall x240

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Burnett View Post
    All I would like to know is what the F&^%^% you guys are going on about, the subject was the Great Wall not what the pair of you get your rocks off on.

Daisy
    C'mon Daisy the boys are only having a bit of fun,the OP has already stated back in post 21 that he had already purchased a vehicle so not much posted here in the last few days is going to influence there purchase.

I reckon its great the fact that both Scott and Hoon agree on a gearbox and all we need now is a consensus on the rest of the drivetrain and a body.color and badge and we will have a vehicle they will both love,surely that has to be our objective.Perhaps we could even have a town hall style meet and greet between the two in the hope of finding some common ground.

Steeler

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    I reckon its great the fact that both Scott and Hoon agree on a gearbox and all we need now is a consensus on the rest of the drivetrain and a body.color and badge and we will have a vehicle they will both love

Steeler
    How's this badge??
    If you squint and close one eye it's a Toyota badge. It would help if you were dyslexic like me.

I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I like it got my vote,but ultimately its a decision for Scott and WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    So as long as the seatbelt works then you don't need brakes to ensure your families safety eh??
    What was that recall with Toyota?? Something about brakes not working and cruise controls not turning off??
    Incorrect

the recall was for sticking accelerator pedals and another for carpet mats that could move and catch the accelerator pedal(about 3-5year old Camrys only)

The cruise control was a precautionary thing, and there has been NO evidence of them failing, Evidence is pointing to the only failure being the thought processes of the drivers

As with any of these well publicised incidences there will always be many who will claim things that have no relation to the issue but think they might just luck out and get some money

Eg: BP's Fuel pump repair scheme, people claiming anything from leaking radiators to complete engine failures,
    Toyota's sticking accelerator pedals, people claiming their cars took off by them selves, also not related to any of the two previous issues(mostly driver failure again)

Meanwhile

Another one: Great Wall's V240 needs a handbrake fix after it was found to be prone to accidental disengagement.
    If You Can't Run With The Dogs....... Stay On The Porch

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhoon View Post
    Not many Toyotas sold in Australia are made in Japan these days .

One that comes to mind is the Landcruiser , Lexus sold here is made in Japan too.
    Hilux , Corolla etc.. are all made in Thailand .
    There is also a huge difference between a Japanese company getting things made in China etc. and a Chinese company making their own stuff in China
    If You Can't Run With The Dogs....... Stay On The Porch

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaclone View Post
    There is also a huge difference between a Japanese company getting things made in China etc. and a Chinese company making their own stuff in China
    And what would those differences be?

Th Japanese executives go to China and have a stern word to them about not lying (or at least not doing it when you cant get away with it any more).

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Even the more reputable manufacturers are building to a price tag these days hence they are pumping them out Thailand at a great pace.

The real proof of build quality will be in years to come when these Thailand made things start to accumulate the klm's.

Surely there has to be a trade off to some degree when building to a price regardless of the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaclone View Post
    Agree but having said that I prefer made in Japan ...

The foreign company inforces better quality control and they use a lot of parts not made in China .

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Even the more reputable manufacturers are building to a price tag these days hence they are pumping them out Thailand at a great pace.

The real proof of build quality will be in years to come when these Thailand made things start to accumulate the klm's.

Surely there has to be a trade off to some degree when building to a price regardless of the badge.

We have many cars made in Thailand in Australia because we have a free trade agreement , not that important now ( import duty is only 5%) but more so pre January 2005 , it was 15% then .
    Most Hondas sold in AU come from Thailand, the last Hilux made in Japan sold in Australia was in early 2000.

You can't compare Chinese made cars with cars made in Thailand , Thai made cars are far far better but still way off Jap standard.

The foreign company inforces better quality control and they use a lot of parts not made in China .
    I don't really understand that statement as both nation are foreign the last time I checked or has Japan or China brought enough of Australia to call it theirs?

My CNC is made in China.
    Funny thing is all the bits that need a fine tolerance such as lead screws and slides etc are made in Germany and the electronics are Japanese.
    You order the quality you want from the Chinese. If you want cheap you will get cheap but if you want quality you will get quality. Quality is just more expensive.

We have many cars made in Thailand in Australia because we have a free trade agreement , not that important now ( import duty is only 5%) but more so pre January 2005 , it was 15% then .
    Most Hondas sold in AU come from Thailand, the last Hilux made in Japan sold in Australia was in early 2000.

You can't compare Chinese made cars with cars made in Thailand , Thai made cars are far far better but still way off Jap standard.

My 2003 5vzfe lux was built in japan - they all were until the gen 7 lux (vigo) started production in Thailand in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    My 2003 5vzfe lux was built in japan - they all were until the gen 7 lux (vigo) started production in Thailand in 2005.

Sure, some luxes but the first Hiluxes to come to AU from Thailand were in 2000 in the form of single and dual cab 2.7 lt .

Toyota shifted production to Thailand in the late 90's with the 6th gen lux.

In 2005, Toyota stoped the production of the Hilux truck in Japan, and the 6th gen was the last gen produced in japan.

I don't really understand that statement as both nation are foreign the last time I checked or has Japan or China brought enough of Australia to call it theirs?

My CNC is made in China.
    Funny thing is all the bits that need a fine tolerance such as lead screws and slides etc are made in Germany and the electronics are Japanese.
    You order the quality you want from the Chinese. If you want cheap you will get cheap but if you want quality you will get quality. Quality is just more expensive.

My point is a foreign well known manufarurer that shifts to China wants better quality control than a Chinese unknown.

I don't know what CNC is.

Of course just because something is made in China dosn't have to be made with all parts made there . Same with something made in germany dosn't have all parts made there . Heaps of Korean cars have stuff from Germany .

If the Chinese had their way they would own Rio Tinto as well and could even buy BHP. Plenty of Australian companies are owned by Japanese too, thats the way it is in the western world (free) today and I don't have a problem with it .
    Do you ?
    I do have a problem with Chinese goverment owned companies buying parts of Austraila though because foreign companies can't do that in China .
    Don't you ?