Thread: Hi from Vanuatu

Hi from Vanuatu

Finally, we are here! Our friend Roger is a keen Ausfish member and has been at us for months to get on here and share our fishing pics and stories from Vanuatu. So here we are, and I think he deserves some kind of commission.
    We have been living in Port Vila for 5 1/2 years and enjoy catching the vast number of species and exploring new fishing grounds among the many islands of Vanuatu. Whether it be Game Fishing for Blue Marlin, Popper Fishing for GT's or Fly Casting across the crystal clear lagoons, we LOVE it all! We are currently building a 23ft centre console sport fishing boat and hope to have it in the water in a month, give or take a little bit of island time. Check out our gallery for the work in progress.
    Enjoy!.... and we will keep you posted.
    from Russ Housby and Samantha Vale

Re: Hi from Vanuatu

Hi Sam,

Great to see you on Ausfish at last, I am sure the members will be interested to follow the boat being built, so post some pics on Boating and of course fishy stories on Reports Offshore. Hopefully Russ will have some pics of big fish from the seamount when he gets back.

Cheers, Rog

Welcome to Ausfish.....living in Port Vila must be hard to take!!!! I try to get over there every couple of years.....great place. We,re seeing the new year in this year...can,t wait. Enjoy your new boat!!!

Congrats on your recent record Sam cracker catch. Got any pics of it??

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

Welcome,

I'm doing a heavy tackle charter there Saturday week. They have a Blackwatch and a cat. Is this you?

C.J.

looking forward to coming out with Roger and sampling the delights of Vanuatu.....hurry up and finish that boat!

Cheers,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    Welcome,

I'm doing a heavy tackle charter there Saturday week. They have a Blackwatch and a cat. Is this you?

C.J.
    Blackwatch and a Cat sounds like Crusoe (Michelle Temminck with Nevagiveup and Reel Capture)

Hi CJ. Not officially affiliated with them anymore. They are Good friends of ours. Russ still works with Charles Wheeler(owner & captain of Nevagivup). In fact they did a trip on Friday night on an isolated Seamount for Broad Bill. 4 bites, hooked one, but pulled hooks after a short time. Did catch 400kg of Wahoo though, so not a bad trip.
    If you want any info about fishing in Vanuatu feel free to give Russ a call on 0011 (678) 5552433. Enjoy your trip!

Hi Dave,
    Yeah really happy with it! The record stood for 27 years at 29.9kg, and we now have a Women's World Record 44kg on 10kg line. Here are some pics of it, and we also caught a nice Doggy on 37kg stand up, weighing in at 61kg, a new Women's Vanuatu Record.
    Thanks, Sam

awesome place, great fish. Welcome aboard!