Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why did Lee Rayner leave ifish??

Re: Why did Lee Rayner leave ifish??

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Maybe Scotty Hilliar and Paul could work together.....

Crikey Wags!! Spare a thought for the poor bugger on the wheel for that episode. He wouldn't want to turn off his motor's (hopefully 2 stroke's!!) and probably end up with 7 inch gulps stuffed in his ear's!!

Cheers....Terry.......

I must have missed the episode where they announced him leaving.
    I have to say I am often a lounge chair fisherman and am getting bored of the show, I'm reasonable new and am still looking for hints, tips, techniques, fishing times, places, moon phases etc etc etc and all of that seems to have almost disapeared from the show. All that is left is Paul laughing ho ho ho! how good is this! he says. Not really that entertaining anymore, but i'll keep watching.

not too sure too much should be taken from fishing shows, sure there maybe an odd tip here and there, but mostly it is just edited viewing that makes it look like they are getting a fish every cast on a XXX plastic, then half Australia goes out next day and stocks up on puce pink 4.5" soft willies and catch bugger all, because they are not in some paradise and have a whole day casting and catching minimal amounts, not condensed into about 5 mins of Ifish or some other show..

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    not too sure too much should be taken from fishing shows, sure there maybe an odd tip here and there, but mostly it is just edited viewing that makes it look like they are getting a fish every cast on a XXX plastic, then half Australia goes out next day and stocks up on puce pink 4.5" soft willies and catch bugger all, because they are not in some paradise and have a whole day casting and catching minimal amounts, not condensed into about 5 mins of Ifish or some other show..
    Not only that mate but they're often paid big bucks to do shows in certain locations, therefore they are taken to the best spots at the best times to make a place look as good as possible. Have met a few and some hosts are bloody clowns who wouldn't know their a$rse from their elbow while some others are good people who are genuinely friendly to ANYONE they meet. (even Dudds).
    jim

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Because Paul Worsterling is the most annoying tool on the idiot box!

Lee felt embarrassed about Worsterling's fakeness and his pathetic carry-on!
    Yep that about sums it up, many a time i was watching that show thinking " Why doesn't Lee just smack that tosser in the head. Paul Worsterling is truely a very annoying pain in the @rse!
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time View Post
    Yep that about sums it up, many a time i was watching that show thinking " Why doesn't Lee just smack that tosser in the head. Paul Worsterling is truely a very annoying pain in the @rse!

Dont mean to be rude or anything else, but...........................

If Paul Worsteling was such a pain in the @rse and over the top and a tosser and seriously grating, why do so many of you watch his show and then whinge about him? Change channels or turn the TV off. Simple - There Paul's gone. If you dont like his show dont watch it then whinge...........

yeah, that works for me, I do not watch hardly any fishing shows these days, and never ever watch Ifish or Fishing WA ever, under any circumstances, and the others are just too dull to watch some goose catch a Snapper on plastics time and time again. Seems to be the only thing they catch these days, Snapper on Plastics or Barra in some obscure river. Oh, and you can be as rude as you like, most can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike View Post
    Dont mean to be rude or anything else, but...........................

If Paul Worsteling was such a pain in the @rse and over the top and a tosser and seriously grating, why do so many of you watch his show and then whinge about him? Change channels or turn the TV off. Simple - There Paul's gone. If you dont like his show dont watch it then whinge...........

MM
    I just watch them for the E-TEC advertisments!!! Bahahahahahahhahhahh!!

Now seriously you can enjoy the footage and you will always pick up a tip or two, but there have been plenty of times where Paul's proved way to much and i flicked channel!!! I still look now and then though, i guess i just love fishing more than i detest Mr Worstering!! This is probably the same reason i've now noticed i've broken the 50 barrier for the number of rod and reel outfits i've got in the shed It's a bad bad sickness!!!

Ian

Ps. I also love my Rugby, but i detest Gordon ( i'm a complete tosser) Bray's commentary with a passion that's biblical, he has wrecked more games for me as a viewer than i can count, but unless i sit there with the sound off , i have to put up with his inanity's so i can hear more relevent comments for the others on the team who know what there talking about, it's a catch 22 and i'm well and truely caught!!
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time View Post
    MM
    I just watch them for the E-TEC advertisments!!! Bahahahahahahhahhahh!!

Now seriously you can enjoy the footage and you will always pick up a tip or two, but there have been plenty of times where Paul's proved way to much and i flicked channel!!! I still look now and then though, i guess i just love fishing more than i detest Mr Worstering!! This is probably the same reason i've now noticed i've broken the 50 barrier for the number of rod and reel outfits i've got in the shed It's a bad bad sickness!!!

Ian

Ps. I also love my Rugby, but i detest Gordon ( i'm a complete tosser) Bray's commentary with a passion that's biblical, he has wrecked more games for me as a viewer than i can count, but unless i sit there with the sound off , i have to put up with his inanity's so i can hear more relevent comments for the others on the team who know what there talking about, it's a catch 22 and i'm well and truely caught!!

I think his worst episode was the one he took his mum fishing and they caught those elephant fish..... bloody ugly fish they are.....

Mike

I really liked the early ifish but it is more like 30mins of advertising so have not watch for a while. it all started going down hill when lee left and went from bad to worse when Paul decided it was a good idea to bring the misses along??? (even if she isn't that bad on the eye)

Between Worsterling or Rob Paxavanis on fishing Australia (Don't know which would be the biggest pain in the a@se) Hate to spend a day with either....

But i still watch their shows bacause i love fishing...

Cheers baz

I can personally attest to it that Paul is a genuine guy.I knew him before he got famous and had only 1 tackleshop.He was just a same .He could talking abut the current hotspots and techniques that week and get just as exited.He would spend an hour with a customer to make sure he walks out of the shop with the best possible rod .I havent watched his show or any show for a long time for that matter,I Krystal on the show now ?
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Rather watch THE BUSHTUCKER MAN catch a fish with a ball of grass n a forky stick.

Although the episode where Paul got pulled over the side of a charter boat in WA

catching Samson was rather entertaining

But having said that, I reckon I could provide a bit of light entertainment.

Where was that camera when me mate gaffed me in the left butt cheek with a big jew gaff!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFishRaider View Post
    I know its been a while but i never got to ask why lee left at the start of season 3.
    I thought they were good buds and both worked well together.
    Just out of curiosity.
    Maybe the other bloke constantly ate banana's on board and he got sick of the stink??
    Maybe he just wanted to stay at home for a spell??
    Maybe he got seasick all the time??
    Maybe he went all greenie, went vegan and stopped fishing??
    maybe he missed his mum's lamb roast on Sunday's??

Who know's for sure....
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Now let's see, who are the blokes who make me want to do an "Elvis Presley" and shoot the TV?

In no particular order....

1. Paul Worseling
    2. Scott Hillier
    3. Paul Burt
    4. The bloke who used to do his own "Rugs a Million" advertisements
    5. The bloke with the big 'Adams apple' who does the Youi insurance advertisements

Strangely though, whilst Worseling's style is very "Rex Hunt" in style, I don't harbour the same abhorrence about watching Rex. Maybe that persistent supercilious grin of Worselings gets me.