Thread: Britomart Tonight - Weather report

Britomart Tonight - Weather report

Thinking of heading out to Britomart tonight for a few hours?

Anyone know what the seas are like today?

Thanks and advance.

Cheers Eamon
    If it's not fun, don't do it!

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Re: Britomart Tonight - Weather report

Lot's of it although it has come down a bit from yesterday. Prepare for a rough ride.

Hi,

Probably a bit late for you question,

went to the north end of Otter reef and then southern end of Yamacutta reef thursday night from 8.00pm until 6am Friday. It looked as if was the only day this week to get out according to seabreeze. It was supposed to come up from then.

It was a good 15knot easterly and increased throughout the night. Still could hold 30 - 35kms out and 50 kms home but a rougher now just looking at reports. A few days before the new moon and the reds were on. Got 21 big Nannygai, 3 huge spangled emperor, and as many pan size Tea leaf trevally you wanted to catch.

Took a few mates out, one had never been to the reef before and it made his year.

Worth the trip in a bit of rough. Been so rough lately I had to go regardless, one can only wait so long before it does not matter how long it takes to get there.

Cheers

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

We've been so close to getting out in desperation but the wind never really backed off as you found. Love fishing the new moon and looks like we'll miss it this month. Glad you got the spoils for taking a pounding.

Kicking myself now but....

We headed off townsville for a couple hours and within 10 mins of stopping my fishing buddies we working on throwing up intestines, so back we go....

next time I guess.

Cheers Eamon
    If it's not fun, don't do it!