Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dream Machine

The Dream Machine

3yrs countdown until we hit the road...the rig...40ft denning, will tow a trailer with the ute on the bottom and the hornet/trailer up the top...

Told the hubby " No Boat = No Bear"

Got the crap part out of the way - the motor has now been fully rebuilt thanks to fussy, padentic mechanic husband.

Now the fun part, started stripping the insides...whoo hoo.....

There will be lots of Ausfish Meet & Greets once on the road.....probably not enough time to find a job....lol

Re: The Dream Machine

living the dream....well, not yet, but soon!!. Sounds like your in for some good times ahead, keep posting !!

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks like you are going to have a ball,good onya and your planing well a head way to go do you know how long your trip will be?and what parts of our great country you will be visiting (or fishing more important)?what a great adventure good luck.
    cheers Hilly

Now, that is awesome!

What an adventure that will be from go to (hopefully never) whoa!

Even the re-building of the vehicle will be a stunningly enjoyable experience, I reckon. The three years' anticipation of the trip will be almost as good as the actual trip.

Good on ya, Bear 001!

Can we get regular picture updates, please, on this same thread?

that is awesome, always good to do everything yourself and see what goes in.
    good luck and look forward to your reports once on the road.

cheers Lee

Great Stuff, I think this thread may rise to the top for many years to come.

I hope it all goes well for yas
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

now this should be one thread worthy of being made a 'sticky'.

WOW!! Now THAT'S a project!!

Hope it all goes well for you both. Keep us posted on progress. Good luck with it.

When the day arrives, I can see a farewell M & G somewhere in NW NSW!!

TOL

Gees that's a big sin bin you have in the last picture. At the back down low of the bus.
    Hubby gets the poos with you and it'll be in the sin bin for Bear...
    Or is it a really big dog box for your little scruffy dog??

Or it'll be a good spot for a motor too I reckon
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I agree, this should be a sticky! What a fascinating project. You could do amazing things with the luggage area on a bus like that. How will you be doing it? Do you have a plan you can publish here?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I have always wanted to see how projects like this go. I would love to do one myself at some stage but that is quite a few years away yet.

Hope it all goes great and look forward to seeing the progress.
    Cheers,
    Chris

That is going to be a sweet rig going down the highway . I will also look forward to a M&G if there is one in the local area
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

You could fit quite a good rod rack in that!
    Cheers and thanks.

"Tackle Whore on a budget..."
    Gonzo II – Brooker 4.5m 40hp Yam & Outlaw Kayak
    Fish Well, Fish Egrell

http://www.ecofishersqld.org.au

now dont take this as knocking your plans, I reckon it will be fantastic fun, BUT my mate did a bus and did what you are going to do, but after being on the road for a while, he reckoned the bus was just too big, almost every caravan park will not let you in, or even if they did, the skinny roads made it almost impossible to negotiate in the bus, mind you, he did not take a car as well, just a couple of motor scooters, he reckoned a smaller bus would have been ten times as good, and considering there was only two of them, there would have been plenty of space. But good luck to you, thought of doing a similar thing myself a dozen times.

I might add, his bus was amazingly cheap, he said something about being over a certain age they cannot be registered as a bus again, and they are dirt cheap (well for what you get) and it was very easy to register as a "personal" transport kind of thing, not too sure if that is an Australia wide law, or just a NSW thing. Pretty funny engine in his, it was a flat 6 (like a Subaru) Mercedes and fitted under the back floor, simple as buggery to get to a check "stuff"