Thread: Fishing Rods stolen from parked boat in Hervey Bay

Fishing Rods stolen from parked boat in Hervey Bay

My fishing/boating holiday at Fraser Island got off to a crap start when I had most of my rods stolen from my boat the night before heading over. Plus the portable BBQ, a bait esky (both handed into the Hervey Bay police station the next day) and a cast net.

The boat was parked in a mate's driveway along the esplanade - reversed in and right below his bedrooom window, with a big dog a garage door away. The thieving mongrels were obviously very quiet!

a couple of the rods stolen were quite distinctive:
    an 8.5 foot custom bluish spin rod (composite development graphcast blank) with TSS4
    a 6500 baitrunner with red braid on a custom live fibre with "Chewy" on the blank (purchased from Chewy at the Carseldine Caltex Tackle Shop)

these are the 2 rods I really really really want to see again!!

other rods (which I really want to see again) include:
    a brand new pink ugly stick and mojiko egg beater with red mono line
    a Daiwa "Phantom" with camo braid on a little Shakespeare Intrepid spin rod
    a Penn Power Graph II 4000 with red braid on a Abu Garcia Muscle Tip.

The silver lining was that they did leave the kid's rods, they didn't take any tackle, and I decided to leave a couple of my rods at home.

Apart from that, the holiday was pretty good, though came home today when the weather was perfect! One of Murphy's Laws I guess..

cheers.

Jonathan.

Re: Fishing Rods stolen from parked boat in Hervey Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Jono_SS View Post
    My fishing/boating holiday at Fraser Island got off to a crap start when I had most of my rods stolen from my boat the night before heading over. Plus the portable BBQ, a bait esky (both handed into the Hervey Bay police station the next day) and a cast net.

The boat was parked in a mate's driveway along the esplanade - reversed in and right below his bedrooom window, with a big dog a garage door away. The thieving mongrels were obviously very quiet!

a couple of the rods stolen were quite distinctive:
    an 8.5 foot custom bluish spin rod (pacific composites albagraph blank) with TSS4
    a 6500 baitrunner with red braid on a custom live fibre with "Chewy" on the blank (purchased from Chewy at the Carseldine Caltex Tackle Shop)

these are the 2 rods I really really really want to see again!!

other rods (which I really want to see again) include:
    a brand new pink ugly stick and mojiko egg beater with red mono line
    a Daiwa "Phantom" with camo braid on a little Shakespeare Intrepid spin rod
    a Penn Power Graph II 4000 with red braid on a Abu Garcia Muscle Tip.

The silver lining was that they did leave the kid's rods, they didn't take any tackle, and I decided to leave a couple of my rods at home.

Apart from that, the holiday was pretty good, though came home today when the weather was perfect! One of Murphy's Laws I guess..

cheers.

Jonathan.
    thats gotta suck mate

bloody Murphy's law I hope it don't bother us when we go to Fraser in a week and a bit time

cheers Murf