Thread: Best way to sell a boat?

Best way to sell a boat?

g day all
    i am about to put my 3.75m alleycraft open tinny with a 20hp johnson up for sale.
    wondering what has been the most cost effective , most enquiries and the quickest avenue to sell a small boat.
    would be good to hear every ones experience with selling their boat and what worked best for them.
    cheers for any help.

Re: Best way to sell a boat?

it will not matter if you list it here, the Trading Post or Boatpoint, if the price is right and the boat is OK, it will sell.

Try here first as it's free.
    If it's priced OK and seems like a good deal then I'm sure it'll sell quickly.
    Any pictures??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i asked the same question on here in nov last year and i sold it the next day to a member
    cheers HILLY

you can try ebay i have sold a few on there just make sure to put down "this item is listed elsewhere so I reserve the right to end listing early" to avoid paying final sale fees. And ask buyers to come look at it before buying to avoid dodgy buyers.

But of course try ausfish first as the ausfishers know boats and what they are lookin at and for. Most people on ebay will just stuff ya around, But 1 will buy it if the price is right.......

thanks for the suggestions guys
    will put it in the in the classifieds section with a few more photos
    im thinking around 3 grand but not too sure what its worth
    its 10 years old never had any trouble with boat or motor both in perfect working order.

Good luck with it.
    I don't think you'll have too much drama selling it
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I can heartily recommend Ausfish classifieds.

I advertised my boat here and had calls within 2 hours from keen buyers and a sale done within 24 hours - again, as others have said, if its a good boat and sensibly priced, it will sell.

Do some research for similar boats - that's where Trading Post and Boatsales are handy simply because of the numbers of boats there. You should be able to figure out what similar type/age/condition boats go9 for from there.

I wasted $40 on also listing mine on Boatsales but did also get several calls from there a day or two later when it was sold. Took a little while (half day or so) to get ads posted and removed from there, whereas Ausfish was instant.

Cheers

ML

Gday,

I sold mine thru boatsales. Cost me $30.
    Just beware of the scammers tho. They agree to but it, then set up a false paypal payment, including transport costs. Then they ask u to send them the transport costs directly.

Good idea to try here first....free is good!