Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Monduran Eagle Nest Fire ?

Re: Monduran Eagle Nest Fire ?

The full story,what exactly happened or those involved may never be known.
    That we can't change.
    Only those directly responsible have the answers.
    The jungle drum let it be known that something had occured even before this post began.

But,where to from here??

The local community feels let down.For me,that is the biggest concern.
    A quick apology on a website only says sorry to us.Perhaps to earn some respect back in the wider community,the same energy put into making these "muster/crew"events happen could be channelled into making something positive happen for the locals.
    Perhaps donating a weekend to help the local fish stocking association program?
    Organising and attending a bankside cleanup of Lake Monduran?
    Organising a roadside cleanup of Gin-Gin?

Just some very quickly thought up examples to work from.
    Start it as a sticky thread at the top of this section,bounce ideas around.Lead the way fella's.

Might help turn this negative into a positive...

I know,I can hear it already..it is easier to argue for a mate who is in the wrong.Or to simply just not respond.

Actions do speak louder than words,and could really help in this case.

Any man can say sorry.But a real man makes things right.

> Airing of dirty laundry on this public forum does nothing more than cause a stink.

Well said Roo.

Reckon anyone anyone with a barrow to push - and it'd appear there's a couple - have had their fair share of a chew on his arse by now.

I know what the mod said, but this crap's getting embarrasing.

True story? People involved?

Is there a grassy knoll involved now or did a bloke set fire to a tree stump and admit to it?

What's that smell?

Nagg you have ruined christmas........

Quote Originally Posted by .:::stotty:::. View Post
    Nagg you have ruined christmas........
    I'm sure if your a good boy Santa will still come.....

theo (tinarootriumph)
    just reading through this topic an found content of this post by yourself, could you clarify the implying statement of the guide involved in the incident in the below quote. i must have missed a beat with this one and have no knowledge of the case.

cheers
    kh

[quote=TinarooTriumph;1185869]

Many good blokes out there are trying to do good things for this fishing scene, but when incidents like this, and dare I mention an incident involving a full time fishing guide at Awoonga last year, just destroys what is a unique Australian scene. Impoundment barra probably should never have happened, but because of pioneers here in FNQ, they made stockings work. Stupid, senseless incidents like this make their work look distant & tarnish history.
    WHERES THEM BREAM?

I know I said I wouldn't post again.
    But seriously this banter is not doing anybody any good or solving anything, and in most cases is based on assumption with little knowledge of the facts involved.

Facts:
    1/ A guide was definitely not involved.
    2/ A tree/stump was burnt down as a practical joke and it backfired.
    3/ Yes I should have moved the floaters.
    4/ Yes I should have had the balls to say something after the incident.
    5/ I don't condone what Chris did, and I am not defending his actions.
    6/ Chris stood up and has taken it fairly on the chin, and some more. In doing so he removed any suspicion from other AF members that were in the area at the time. Personally I feel he has taken enough, and that further sledging of him is counter productive. He has learnt a hard lesson and said he was sorry and I am sure he means it. How would you feel with what seems like the whole dam site smashing you continuously???
    This incident happened and has been dealt with over and over again, and its not achieving anything. All those guys who want to know the truth... did this happen... did that happen... throwing the blame on people for stuff you probably have done yourself in the past.... For the love of Mike, Get over it and get on with it. It happened, now let it go. Enough damage was done at Mondy without it continuing. You have all had your say including myself. Now please...Live and let live...

One last thing. Apart from chatting on this forum, I had never met Chris until the CM. I wouldn't class Chris as a mate, just a fishing acquaintance, so my reasons behind this post are not motivated by anything other than a desire to stop this insanity before not only a tree is damaged, but also a person who doesn't deserve (and no one does) the treatment Chris is getting here at the moment.

Steve

Ok folks. I think anything positive that's going to happen with this thread has had its chance.

Again. IMHO the facts are:
    - A tree was set on fire at Lake Monduran
    - It was a silly act
    - Nobody was hurt
    - Someone has owned up to it. He has copped a public flogging for it
    - The topic is now getting off topic
    - The topic will now be locked

Thankyou linesman, thankyou ball boys

Cheers,

Fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au