Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Monduran Eagle Nest Fire ?

Re: Monduran Eagle Nest Fire ?

Let's get something clear, this act has nothing to do with Ausfish

Ausfish is a web site for fishing enthuists.

The act of an individual who may or may not post on here, does not reflect on the rest of us.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

You would hope so Daryl. Some times mud sticks.

Sorry,but I disagree somewhat.
    The first sentence reads"There has been a lot of rumours and reports going around up Monduran that over the Commitee Meeting weekend that a Eagles Nest on Lake Monduran was sent on fire by a Ausfish member."

Two glaring references are made to Ausfish in general,and the "commitee meeting weekend".

Coincidence?

True,it does'nt reflect on the rest of the members not present at the time.

Anyhow just my opinion. I'm stepping outta this thread.
    Steve

A Stupid act and not worth being branded so last post.

Nath

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    A Stupid act and not worth being branded so last post.

Nath
    Can't quite understand what you're trying to say. Did it happen or didn't it? There are a lot of the crew obvious by their absence on this post. You have to wonder who did it, and why it was done. Somebody knows but is keeping quiet. If the local Gin Gin businesses know about it, the Ausfish name won't be worth crap up there now, and sadly it probably will reflect on all Ausfish members.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

i was up at the committee meeting that weekend and there was talk around the camp fire about a stump on fire but no reference that i heard of a nest ,who set it on fire who knows but a few of the people saw it ,i didnt, but there were also a lot of extra groups of fishoes in the camp ground because of school holidays so hopefully this doesnt just point at the mob who were up there from ausfish .cheers AL

A lot has been said over the last couple of days with regard to this subject - and It’s now time to set the record straight …….. I do apologise for the delay as I was waiting to speak to a couple of people on the matter. In addition to travelling.

The fact is that when this thread was posted , I immediately rang the author (Foxy) to clarify that at no stage was any nest set on fire - Embarrassed however I did confirm that an old trunk in the middle of open water was.
    We spoke about how to best handle this issue as I felt remorseful & compelled to tell it as it was - a prank - though totally embarrassed at the same time . It was decided that we leave it be & see what happens …… in hindsight & had I been able to speak to John who was un contactable - I would have responded a couple of days ago once the negative comments were posted.

While this was meant to be a harmless prank , I regret that friends and fellow Ausfishers have been implicated by default . The reality was that most were not present when this happened & even fewer had any idea of what had occurred …… ‘The mystery of the burning stump”.
    Such was the rouse that not even my deckie (John) was aware of what had taken place - he was bankside & indisposed at the time. John only became aware of it as we motored toward the smoke…... totally flabbergasted, he had no idea..
    It was only late the following evening around the camp fire that any mention was even made …… still unaware of the truth though a couple insinuated that it was me…… .
    The whole issue died pretty quickly.
    I did receive a phone call on my way home from the dam saying that the locals were angry that an eagles nest was destroyed …… to this I replied that no nest was destroyed! - nothing more was said till 6 days later.

As I have stated above , I am embarrassed at was has occurred & the stir that it has caused. More so, I do feel sorry for anyone that has felt shame through association - It was never my intention to see anyone hurt.
    Finally it needs to be said that I am in no way a malicious person or one that would want to see our wildlife or their habitat interfered with …… places like Mondy are special to me.

Sincerely yours

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks for clearing that up Chris. I think some of us were being implicated purely because we were in that area around the time of the fire.
    Steve

What did you have to pour on it to get it burning?
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Fire Starters??????

Yes, thanks for clearing it up Chris........nothing worse than innuendo, hearsay and Chinese whispers to turn what appears to be an "in the moment" bit of silliness into something far more sinister.

Yes, I was at the CM but any talk of Eagle nests, Osprey nests being set on fire certainly did not pass my ears and I am sure any one else's.

I am curious as to how the truth could be so far removed from the original allegation....an emotive subject for sure but I would hate to see anyone crucified on here or anywhere else without substantiated evidence.

Sure, it was silly, and Chris has apologised. I certainly do not need to defend Nagg...he's a big boy, but from what I now understand, no nest of any description was involved, no living tree was involved, no animal was harmed....a silly prank at the end of the day.

For the sake of all on here, I am hoping this is not made into more than it really is. Perceptions and reality are an uncomfortable union at times.

No doubt there will be some wishing to burn Chris at the stake (no pun intended). I hope the ensuing comments and replies to Chris's response remain civil and fair.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

You certanly started a sh!tstorm with that prank nagg. I can see by what you wrote you are sincerly sorry so chears for clearing that up.
    Lets hope you dont set fire to the kiosk at somerset at your next gathering.
    Cheers Kyle.

Chris-to-pher, not one of your better ideas(in hindsight),although glad to hear No animals were harmed in the execution of this Prank.Its funny how things get twisted around.Good man for clearing it up.
    Paulo

What a crock of shit....
    Cheers and thanks.

"Tackle Whore on a budget..."
    Gonzo II – Brooker 4.5m 40hp Yam & Outlaw Kayak
    Fish Well, Fish Egrell

http://www.ecofishersqld.org.au