Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 50 Litre CUB Keg

Re: 50 Litre CUB Keg

Quote Originally Posted by skipjack View Post
    Hi everyone

any advice on how to cut one of these things in half?

Cheers

Yeah, have a steady hand and a good angle grinder and only use a thin cutting disk.

Peter

Cheers Bondy I will have a go, Not sure how to go around the valve area though!

woops double post
    Last edited by skipjack; 23-07-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: double post

Mate, which way are you cutting? Longitudinal or Latitudinal?

Take the valve out by using a large monkey wrench gently until the pressure has been released.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Just go to nuggets website, there is a link to it on this forum and look for a post called "how to cook prawns" and you'll see it as a video.

Cheers, Peter
    Mate what's nuggets web site mate cheers

hey Trax, it's on the front page in the saltwater chat section, just click on the link, had a look at it the other day, awesome cooker, think I might be going this way as well
    Barra, Boars, Bundy & bare arsed
    cottersfnq@yahoo.com.au

Bondy I am cutting longitudinal. The valve looks like its welded in, someone suggested pressing the valve centre in to release the pressure before you start cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by 39NESP View Post
    bondy99 you can buy them down south $130 to 180 from the keg king
    don't get caught with one from the pub $800 fine
    cheers snap
    I gotta a great Idea, I can buy a full VB gold in a 50 litre keg at my local, for $180. we take it my shed connect it up to the temprite, have an Ausfish meet and Greet, consume the contents and you get to take the MT keg
    Last edited by BrewGuru; 24-07-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Party Time
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

Quote Originally Posted by BrewGuru View Post
    I gotta a great Idea, I can buy a full VB gold in a 50 litre keg at my local, for $180. we take it my shed connect it up to the temprite, have an Ausfish meet and Greet, consume the contents and you get to take the MT keg
    Yeah, sounds good to me , When is this happening??.

The Keg needs to be a CUB type as its slightly wider in the middle than the other kegs.

I somehow think you'll have to return the keg otherwise they'll slug ya big bill

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by skipjack View Post
    Bondy I am cutting longitudinal. The valve looks like its welded in, someone suggested pressing the valve centre in to release the pressure before you start cutting.
    Skipjack, there are a few different types around. Some you press in, others you cant, the ones that you cant press in you have to use a big monkey wrench and turn the bugger slowly until you hear the hiss and stop allow the pressure to escape then fully loosen the threated plate.

If you're cutting longitudinal then yeah your cutting the neck of the plunger rod access, if you cut it the other way as in around then you will avoid the neck.

Peter

Yeah, sounds good to me , When is this happening??.

The Keg needs to be a CUB type as its slightly wider in the middle than the other kegs.

I somehow think you'll have to return the keg otherwise they'll slug ya big bill

Peter
    I can't believe they have never asked for returns, I only buy 2 at a time a CUB and a Castlemaine, I have had kegs here for up to six months and at no time has anybody asked me to return one, I do it when they get in the way, by the way no one has ever recorded a serial number, got me beat!

I can't believe they have never asked for returns, I only buy 2 at a time a CUB and a Castlemaine, I have had kegs here for up to six months and at no time has anybody asked me to return one, I do it when they get in the way, by the way no one has ever recorded a serial number, got me beat!
    How about sending me your CUB keg when its empty then, it will save cluttering your abode.

Peter.

How about sending me your CUB keg when its empty then, it will save cluttering your abode.

Peter.
    Done deal, I can even degas it for you

Done deal, I can even degas it for you
    No worries, When is the party on and I'll help you to empty it

BrewGuru,

Still waiting for that CUB Keg? Will it be this year or next?