Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 50 Litre CUB Keg

Re: 50 Litre CUB Keg

Quote Originally Posted by skipjack View Post
    Hi everyone

any advice on how to cut one of these things in half?

Cheers

use Inox cutting disc's very thin and you will go through a couple on a keg, but on a stainless Keg they cut like a hot knife and butter.
    innox cutting disc.jpg

I'm still looking

I just threw one out a few days ago on the kerbside collection, The problem is it had a few cuts on the side which needed to be rewelded. The keg only lasted 2 hours on the road

timddo,
    Typical I did have my post up here a long time. I also weld stainless steel.

i have a fantastic deep fryer made out of a keg, it works greatttttttttttttttttttttt, it sits on 3 legs and we had the inner skin cut from the outer and welded handles on the inner and made a spout so that the inner keg can be lifted out and emptied with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Reel View Post
    i have a fantastic deep fryer made out of a keg, it works greatttttttttttttttttttttt, it sits on 3 legs and we had the inner skin cut from the outer and welded handles on the inner and made a spout so that the inner keg can be lifted out and emptied with ease.
    mate we need pics if that beauty

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by Reel View Post
    As Murf said. I'd like or should say, we like to see that. You have any pics to show?

Hey Bondy have you got a bloody keg yet?

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

i went to the weste colection centre and bought one from their yard that they flog stuff off from that the find that they think is worth a bob or two.
    paid $55 for it

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Hey Bondy have you got a bloody keg yet?
    Are you offering?

Quote Originally Posted by Lbudgie View Post
    i went to the weste colection centre and bought one from their yard that they flog stuff off from that the find that they think is worth a bob or two.
    paid $55 for it
    Mate, been there done that and not all have them...they can get sprung selling it.

Buy my own from China

China said I have to buy bulk...me not doing that.

Any CUB Kegs around?
    send me a pm

Ausfish Platinum Member

Wow, we go through about 12 a week, never been asked for them back, not on a one for one basis either. Sick of looking at them, pity your not closer to Mackay, wouldn't be worth the risk freighting.

Cheers
    Corry
    Cheers
    Corry

Just hope that the brewers don't do a CIG, and all of a sudden start tracking and auditing kegs.

Lots of companies found they had to pay for all those gass bottles that went missing.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.