Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 50 Litre CUB Keg

Re: 50 Litre CUB Keg

any further rounds on the CUB Keg?

brew guru.

You got that CUB keg empty yet?

I`ve got two Lion Nathan kegs here if they are the right dimensions and any help to you your welcome to one as the other is going to get chopped up for a prawn/crab cooker. looks like the ring burner set up would fit nicely under them.
    Cheers Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_gutz View Post
    I`ve got two Lion Nathan kegs here if they are the right dimensions and any help to you your welcome to one as the other is going to get chopped up for a prawn/crab cooker. looks like the ring burner set up would fit nicely under them.
    Cheers Andrew

G'day Andrew,

Thats what I was planning to do also

Send me your details asap.

Cheers, Peter

........................ PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Fish_gutz View Post
    ........................ PM sent
    I'll be in touch next week.

Cheers

I used a angle grinder a long time ago. Remember being it hard hot work. Also it was a BIG angle grinder.

can someone explain more about the gas release, and the spring. What is their purpose inside the keg. I have been given a keg. Bought from a stainless yard.
    David

A long time ago I went to cut the top out one for this guy to make a burner. Just about to start with the angle grinder when I thought maybe there could be some pressure in it so I got a hammer and wacked down on the ball type valve. Well I was't expecting it when it blew the hammer out of my hand and covered me and 1/2 the shed with stale p#ss. It smelt the old Railway Hotel in Roma St in the morning when they hosed it out. Ahh the memories .
    Ended up using a tyre leaver hooked under under the handle to push a bit of wood onto the valve to slowly release the pressure. Then I used a thin blade in the grinder to cut out the top. Went through a few blades too.

Dave when I was younger we use to use a spear on a keg, I think this new system replaces the spear, the valve was a stainless ball over a spring with a ss pipe that reached to the bottom of the keg.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dnej View Post
    can someone explain more about the gas release, and the spring. What is their purpose inside the keg. I have been given a keg. Bought from a stainless yard.
    David
    G'day David,

Just about what Mike Delisser said.

The keg is usually charged with gas and is mostly hooked up to a "Tempright" system in a pub / club scene. This is to ensure constant temperature and delivery of beer.

The spring / ball is like a large plunger or one way valve in away that prevents beer for escaping under pressure.

To release the ball valve, place the keg on its side away from you and use a very large monkey wrench and unscrew the cap very slowly so to enable the gas to escape under controlled release, not the way how Mike done it.

Hope this might help you.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    not the way how Mike done it.
    Peter

Haha!! I second that.

Yep, thanks guys for your assistance on the kegs.

I'm still looking for 3 more, if you got extra you dont need then let me know.

Still need CUB type.

Cheers, Peter

This shows how to remove the valve on the keg.
    David

And how to cut the keg to suit your need
    David

Thanks , good for someone who does not know how to, but I do know how to but still require CUB keg

Cheers