Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you pick a scammer?

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: How do you pick a scammer?

Getting (missed) phone calls anywhere between midnight and 4am.
    Must be the time zone thing.Just switch phone off after 9pm.
    So far I have 4 who want it now(sight unseen) and 2 maybes.

Gee who said selling a boat is hard

Am tryin to sell my Whittley and got 2 scammers in 2 days..Both by text initially and both from the UK,same story in the email..... Workin offshore , pay by pay-pal, buy sight unseen,, sent a couple of colouful emails back.... never heard from em again.......

Been trying to sell my Jet ski on both Boat sales and trading post, im not putting any of these sites down the're great, theres just a few dodgy operators using them, Had one person from VIC send me an email very similar to Trackers, Another from Perth saying they were buying for there Dad but could only pay via Paypal and would have an agent pick it up. Ask for a genuine phone call from either of them and they vanish. Boat Sales actually has a warning up when you sign in explaining of scammers uing paypal to skim funds and NOT TO accept any payment unless CASH IN HAND. Pretty Sad these people are about, Guess its the world we live in.
    Cheers

I used to run a boutique hotel and every day you would get emails from Prof Bulldust in the UK who needed 5-10 rooms for him and his mates to come to a conference for a week, all inclusive.

If you were dumb you would take the booking and ofcourse Prof Bulldust would want to makesure that the whole stay is prepaid (as he doesnt want his esteemed collegues to have to cough up a cent.) So you charge the credit card number provided and all is good. 1 - 7 days later disaster strikes. HIs mum has cancer, the conference has been moved to africa and his baby sister has been kidnapped. Would you be so gracious to refund the money, but please send it to me via WESTERN UNION, DO NOT REFUND THE CREDIT CARD.

So you do as this Prof says and send him his cash. A few days to a week later you get contacted by the bank of the credit card you originally charged saying that is an un authorised transfer and they are recovering the money. Nearly every time the amount would be close to 10 grand (the avg max limit on a cc). I never got done but i am sure there a plenty of people that have.

These scams are alittle different. What you need to do is tell these people that the boat is theres (maybee even offer a discount) however before you set up a bpay acct you need a $300 western union to the "holding yard" where the boat is to release it or some similar place. Also you need the cash to change over the registration to them. . Tell him you are old and frail, sick and only have half a leg like a pirate. Make them feel sorry for you. When the dope pays take the wife and the kids out to a nice restaurant. These scammers are generally young african males operating out of internet cafes. Some are good but there are some real dumb shit scammers out there who are just waiting to be fxxxxx with. I tried for a while for laughs but never got any where.

BPAY is generally linked to credit cards. Credit cards are easy to clone. BPAY accts are able to be set up very quickly. But once you send cash via money transfer it is basically gone.

Google scam baiting and see how nerds with to much time on there hands get sweet sweet revenge on those who try to scam.

Gday Tracker,
    Got nearly identical response when i sold my boat about 3 weeks ago. The best bit is when he sends u an "official" request for payment, threatening all sorts of legal action.
    The good thing is, that for every scammer, there are lots real people out there who really want to deal with u fair and square.
    Good luck with the sale.