Thread: Humble Pie with Vitimin C

Unhappy Humble Pie with Vitimin C

I made a comment on a post nearly a year back about manning up...

well its come back to bite me on the ar$e.... well thumb really

i want to appologise to Vitamin Sea as i now know EXACTLY how you felt

I was scaling a small snapper on sunday night and spiked my thumb (shoulda used a scaler not the back of a knife ).....no biggie i thought..
    by the morning it was sorer and i figured a bit of spine was left in... on inspection there were 2 puncture wounds...just small holes, 1 soore the other not so much..

so i got out a snapoff blade knife and started to probe around the sore one...made the hole about 3 times larger and thought i could feel something hard inside...had a squeeze or two...nothing so left it alone

monday night and its throbbing a little... had the cook look at it and she prodded about with a needle...in both holes.... seemed to get a micro bit out of the good one and it stopped hurting straight away...dug more in the other and found nothing... dressed it with sweedish bitters (i recon its like snake oil and smoke)....

i changed dressing tuesday and wednesday morning... getting some puss out both times but no foreign body...thumb was sore as hell.... but carried on working anyway..

so today i had a doctors appointment to remove a couple of moles and had him look at the thumb at the same time....so after anesthetics and the moles done he proceeds to pull 12mm of snapper spine out of the said thumb....

so.... i gotta think more before i leap in future.... Vitimin Sea, i dont know how you stood it for two weeks .... sorry again

but of course im a lot better of than the fish
    Cheers Chris

(please insert witty saying here)

Re: Humble Pie with Vitimin C

Ozie, I'm going to ring Bill straight away, he's going to get some mileage out of this one.

Your lucky I had two break off inside the knuckel 0.2 and 0.5mm only found them by ultrsound and a trip to the hospital for surjery a month later. 4 years on knuckle still stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozie_3 View Post
    I made a comment on a post nearly a year back about manning up...

well its come back to bite me on the ar$e.... well thumb really

i want to appologise to Vitamin Sea as i now know EXACTLY how you felt

I was scaling a small snapper on sunday night and spiked my thumb (shoulda used a scaler not the back of a knife ).....no biggie i thought..
    by the morning it was sorer and i figured a bit of spine was left in... on inspection there were 2 puncture wounds...just small holes, 1 soore the other not so much..

so i got out a snapoff blade knife and started to probe around the sore one...made the hole about 3 times larger and thought i could feel something hard inside...had a squeeze or two...nothing so left it alone

monday night and its throbbing a little... had the cook look at it and she prodded about with a needle...in both holes.... seemed to get a micro bit out of the good one and it stopped hurting straight away...dug more in the other and found nothing... dressed it with sweedish bitters (i recon its like snake oil and smoke)....

i changed dressing tuesday and wednesday morning... getting some puss out both times but no foreign body...thumb was sore as hell.... but carried on working anyway..

so today i had a doctors appointment to remove a couple of moles and had him look at the thumb at the same time....so after anesthetics and the moles done he proceeds to pull 12mm of snapper spine out of the said thumb....

so.... i gotta think more before i leap in future.... Vitimin Sea, i dont know how you stood it for two weeks .... sorry again

but of course im a lot better of than the fish

Good to see one bloke on here with enough nuts willing to put his hand up and say I'm sorry because I opened my trap before I knew what I was talking about.

Cheers

VS

Quote Originally Posted by liltuffy View Post
    Ozie, I'm going to ring Bill straight away, he's going to get some mileage out of this one.
    I'm mellowing in my old age stretch, tolerance is my new moto

Cheers mate

Ha Ha Ha - actually that was in the clinic I work in - I witnessed the whole thing - VERY impressive Ozie indeed - love & kisses from Tammy (the Nurse) & Simmo (AKA SAMMY xx) YA BIG WUS

Good to put your hand up Ozie, well done.
    I get spiked just about every time I catch a fish.
    I'm just not that careful about it, I will be changing my ways.
    Cheers and thanks.

"Tackle Whore on a budget..."
    Gonzo II – Brooker 4.5m 40hp Yam & Outlaw Kayak
    Fish Well, Fish Egrell

http://www.ecofishersqld.org.au

samsnap....i was starting to think theres another bit in there.... but infection seemed to stop yesterday and today it feels way better, can take a reasonable pressure...lol

lnb....i get spiked all the time too... never bothered me before (cause half a dorsal ray never got left behind before either)

went to goat island today (quick session) to see if i could ram a jewie spike in.... but the only run busted the leader knot.....apply pressure to set the hook and PING!!!!!!!
    oh well.... another day
    Cheers Chris

(please insert witty saying here)

Chris - if it keeps playing up - just come in & we will have a look at it for you - they have a habbit of turning rather nasty!!!! (just don't keep rubbing it in that your having a "quick session" when Tammy and I are sitting here working hard - remember we are the ones with the really sharp instruments and nasty needles )
    Sammy xx