Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: What really annoys you when fishing

Re: What really annoys you when fishing

And yeh sorry pinhead I hit the wrong quote button.... My bad

Quote Originally Posted by redjetskirider View Post
    Those surfers are dip shits because they r tryin to cross a main boatin channel wesrin dark coloured wetsuits which are impossible to see until they are rite in front of u..... And if anyone hits them it's the captains fault.... I woodnt hav a problem with them if they made themselves easy see..... I'm not sayin all surfers are just those few....
    well I guess you are right, therefore on that line of thinking..all jet ski riders that pass in front of boats are idiots also. I had one pass about 3 meters in front of me when i was doing about 26 knots, he had been next to me then made a sharp turn across the bow..lose sight of him when driving a 30' boat.
    But you know..I don't actually class them all idiots like that..just that one.

if you know there are surfers there then just slow down..really not all that hard to do to traverse that section of waterway..and then you would be operating the vessel in accordance with the rules as to keeping a look out...simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    well I guess you are right, therefore on that line of thinking..all jet ski riders that pass in front of boats are idiots also. I had one pass about 3 meters in front of me when i was doing about 26 knots, he had been next to me then made a sharp turn across the bow..lose sight of him when driving a 30' boat.
    But you know..I don't actually class them all idiots like that..just that one.

if you know there are surfers there then just slow down..really not all that hard to do to traverse that section of waterway..and then you would be operating the vessel in accordance with the rules as to keeping a look out...simple really.
    Yeh guys doin that is how they get there girl friends run ova......
    I follow the rules to the letter.... Because I usually go at the brake of day the surfers are abit harder for me to see....
    It aslo isn't hard to wave ur hand at vessells to let them no u are there, or use sum sort of flag device like divers do.....

Far out , it's pretty simple ! if you know surfers are in the water ( common ) keep an eye out, if your looking for them there easy to see, they're not there pinching gps marks or hanging around your burly trail , speeding, causing stupid wakes, they don't even kill fish, cut them some slack !

I think you missed the point everyone was making Dreemon. None of us want to hit a surfer (many of us were, and still are surfers), most of us head out at daybreak or just before, in the worst light conditions you can get. What is being suggested is that surfers try to make themselves more visible if they are in a channel or crossing a bar. I know I have nearly come to grief avoiding a surfer who was crossing a bar in the early hours.....looked like a log in the water at the last minute. Didnt realise it was a surfer until he sat up on his board to look at me trying to straighten the boat and avoid being hit by the next wave. Just asking for some common sense to be used by all parties. And they are not always 'easy to see'.

I hate pulling up at am empty 5 lane boats ramp and just when your ready to back ya boat down some tool who cant back for shit takes your lane .

Or when you have just had a nice day on the water and one of them mob come up and and say ' hi where just doing a survey on blah blah fish would you mind answering a few questions" only so they can shaft ya way of life.

Fisheries officers who sit on their fat arses chewing on potata chips and slurping back on a poppers instead of doing their job.

Kids on board with bags of chips , more end up on the floor than in their mouths and i always end up slipping on the crap .

Getting slapped in the head by a jumping mullet .

Crocs chewing up me crab pots

Crocs doing cowboys and indians around me tinny at night

Getting into the water just before dark and seeing a 5m croc just after i got back into the boat ( dont ask !)

Mother inlaw that asked for a fresh feed of barra and find out later she feed it to her dogs n cats .

Pricks that run around in stealth mode at night and you nearly slam into them .

Getting yah outboard leg stuck in a poachers net

And the whole state of Victoria , sorry mum

Anchoring over good looking reef in 50 - 80 mts of water to find the wind direction change just as the anchor hits bottom and blows you off the mark , pike , leatherjackets , sgt bakers ,

Hate to bring up the jet ski argument again, but I hate the two pr*** that buzz me everytime I'm fishing saltwater creek and shut down the fish for a good half an hour. It even happened when we went out at 5:30am! My mate swears that they follow us everytime we go out, just to buzz us.

Cheers,
    Kaidon
    Conservation NOT preservation!

spending hours catching live bait waiting for the right tide getting already set my 2 livies out off the beach or rock wall to have a bunch of yobbos rock up and throw there servo pillys straight over my lines tangling my live baits . Than walk down and shine there bloody lights on the water to see if ther is any fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Does my head in big time !!! RRRRRRRRRRRRR