Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What really annoys you when fishing

Re: What really annoys you when fishing

When my son caught an undesized tailor that I try to unhook for him and it decides my finger looks tastier than the lure. It was lucky the sizes changed in March.

But what really annoyed me was my son rolling around the bottom of the boat laughing too hard to help stop the bleeding.

Ian

Leaning my 2 month old SP outfit against the side of the boat whilst playing with second outfit, seeing the rod load up big time, make a grab for it..... but too late..... rod and reel over the side and drifting down to the never never. Lot's of swearing , histerical laughter , tears , more swearing ..

Always put your rod in the holder dumb arse

and another.....looking at the deck and seeing $20 worth of gulps with all the tails bitten off.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Leaning my 2 month old SP outfit against the side of the boat whilst playing with second outfit, seeing the rod load up big time, make a grab for it..... but too late..... rod and reel over the side and drifting down to the never never. Lot's of swearing , histerical laughter , tears , more swearing ..

Only happens to every fisherman once. Especially when it's a custom built rod that I made myself.

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post

That'll be why I had Viper install 8 rod holders when they built the boat.... then added another 2 on the grab rails (plus three for upright storage mounted to the side pockets when not in use)....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redjetskirider View Post
    It's only 5% of the jet ski population that giv us a bad name..... Me and all the guys I ride with respect fishermen and keep a good distance away..... There's always the small few that giv the rest a bad name no matter what activity u r into......
    where did the 5% come from ? i would reckon at least 75% and thats being kind

Quote Originally Posted by Damned67 View Post
    That'll be why I had Viper install 8 rod holders when they built the boat.... then added another 2 on the grab rails (plus three for upright storage mounted to the side pockets when not in use)....!!!
    how many rods do you take on a fishing trip???

Lifting a big fish and seeing crazing all over the place on the rod, followed by a rifle shot...

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I hear ya Tim,

I lost a very much loved (and used) Butterworth Grunter while trying to get a very big cod off the bottom in deep water,
    the sound was amazing when it let go, not to mention the fact that I landed on my butt.

My mate asked me about a half hour later "where is that rod"........

but it had gone swimming.........

Muzz

I'm with Pinhead on this one.

There’s not alot that annoys me when fishing, The only time I expect a deckie to pay is if they organise the trip and I'm just providing the boat.

Having said that though, they can provide all their own gear / bait and it’s up to them how and if they get a line in the water.

The couple of things that annoy me are

Firstly more than anything else people taking undersize fish. I've seen people take 10-15 cm bream and flathead, WTF are you going to do with a fish that small (unless you’re using the little flathead the catch a BIG flathead).

Secondly d**kheads at the boat ramp. Now I haven't been fishing/Boating that long but a bit of common sense and courtesy goes along way.

On the other note I really like it when old Saltys provide you with some advice on how to do things a bit better or just have a chat whilst you’re rigging your boat up. You can never have to much information.

Though not strictly fishing, The BIGGEST thing that pisses me off is when people ask to go water skiing and they don't have a boat license, so I am stuck towing them around all day. F**king freeloaders I call them............

Cheers
    Ben

[

Though not strictly fishing, The BIGGEST thing that pisses me off is when people ask to go water skiing and they don't have a boat license, so I am stuck towing them around all day. F**king freeloaders I call them............

Cheers
    Ben[/quote]

This is my 3rd boat, I've got a tube, skis,wake style skurfboard and surboards,
    and I also wonder what its like having all that fun back there too

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Lifting a big fish and seeing crazing all over the place on the rod, followed by a rifle shot...

Tim
    I know what you mean Tim I broke my 3 week old shimano lucanus jig 200 yesterday For the price of it (my most expensive rod to date at $350) I expected it to last a bit longer than two fishing trips

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    how many rods do you take on a fishing trip???

Look at the jetskiers causing the problems, keep watchin them and u will notice it's the same few people..... One thing all u guy need to under stand is that wen u anchor in main boating channels lik the seaway u don't help urselfs.... Because once u dodge all the dip shit surfers paddeling across( that u only see at the last minute) there isn't alot of room left..... And most channels r pretty skinny so tryin to dodge u and sand banks isn't goin to please anyone no matter how hard we try.....

The number of jetskis on the water grows bigger everyday so u guys need to get use to it.....

Quote Originally Posted by redjetskirider View Post
    Look at the jetskiers causing the problems, keep watchin them and u will notice it's the same few people..... One thing all u guy need to under stand is that wen u anchor in main boating channels lik the seaway u don't help urselfs.... Because once u dodge all the dip shit surfers paddeling across( that u only see at the last minute) there isn't alot of room left..... And most channels r pretty skinny so tryin to dodge u and sand banks isn't goin to please anyone no matter how hard we try.....

The number of jetskis on the water grows bigger everyday so u guys need to get use to it.....
    how did I get dragged into the bit about jet skis ?????

Ummmm..is that in English ?

surfers are not dip shits..they have as much right as anyone else to enjoy the waterways. Therein lies a lot of the problem..grouping people together and hence why jetskiers, big boat jockeys and tinny jockeys have all copped crap at times.
    It is individuals, and a minor few at that, that create the problems for all.

I have only ever had one problem with a jet skier and he did not like my retort so that was not a problem for me. I enjoy my time on the water and am very tolerant of others that use it also.

Those surfers are dip shits because they r tryin to cross a main boatin channel wesrin dark coloured wetsuits which are impossible to see until they are rite in front of u..... And if anyone hits them it's the captains fault.... I woodnt hav a problem with them if they made themselves easy see..... I'm not sayin all surfers are just those few....