Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What really annoys you when fishing

Re: What really annoys you when fishing

mobile phones!!! i take this particuler mate out alot and his wife rings all the time asking when he is going to be home, shortening my fishing time. drives me up the wall.

i take my mobile out with me for safety reasons but wont answer it or call anyone.

Holidays, less than 10 knots, almanic says it's good, whole family available to go for a fish, tide is perfect for Spot X.

Head out there and, and, and another boat is parked on Spot X ... exactly on Spot X. Why was he there? How did he know? Catching my fish!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

(Ps - Moved to Spot XY and did better)

Jet skies

what gets me going;

a. Muppets in big Cruisers who think that the bigger the boat the less they have to care about everyone else.
    b. The goose who invented plastics...Ya got me good...hundreds later and back to bait I go....OK where are the camera's!!!
    c. Oh...and why does everything I touch with sunscreen turn white...what's that about??
    d. last but not least.....LATE DECKIES! anything more than 15 minutes and you should get a 3 month Bunnings ban.

Regards

BilgeBoy

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    +1

I would like to invert that statement about the Jet Skiers. About 95% are annoying and 5% are considerate in my experiences. Also wether its legal to or not but flogging a Jet Ski up and down small creeks can't be good for the mangroves and the foreshore.

No lights at night really pisses me off too

Cheers

Chris
    I'd hate to piss off the 5% of decent ones, but I'd have to agree with this statement. Before the boat, my son and I used to always fish in Tingalpa Creek out of our canoe. And one of the only jet skis that EVER slowed down coming past us was what I assume was a mother and her 10 or so year old son. They slowed down enough (and passed close enough) for us to clearly hear the 'son' ask why they slowed down.. to which the 'mother' replied "because of these people fishing.... but they shouldn't be fishing there...."
    Don't get me wrong, it was awesome, and quite unusual that they slowed down, but for the mum to say that??? Can't help but to think of how the future jet skier will treat fishermen later.... Plus, so much of that area in Tingalpa creek is a 6 kt zone... which apparently only applies to canoers and kayakers..... but that's a whole other complaint!

People who dont seem to have any freekin clue at just how fast 4 knots is ? Ive been in a creek at night, with my lights on when I heard an outboard, next thing this little tinny flashed by about 2m behind me, no lights and doing about 25kts. WTF?

Or if an area is signposted NO WASH ZONE and they cruise by at about 2kts below planning speeds, creating a wash big enough to surf. A NO WASH zone isnt for safety reasons morons, its for minimising erosion to sensitive mangroves etc.
    Last edited by Lancair; 03-07-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: add more whinge

Generally speaking i find jetski riders tolerable,however down where i am i see some fly up and down cockle creek at the northern end of Lake Macquarie and come within several meters of people trying to retrieve boats in a restricted speed zone. One day some poor bugger is going to get wedged between boat and trailer,so if any of those types are on here grow a brain and give yourself an uppercut.

Steeler

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Deckies that dont supply the rumbos

Deckies cutting up the best, freshest bait for burley and leaving the rest of the bait out in the sun.
    Deckies throwing handfuls of burley into the wind so most of it comes back on board
    Deckies who've been giving up smoking for as long as I can remember, bumming smokes all day
    Deckies who can't sit still for more than one minute
    Deckies who go offshore with whiting gear and tackle and then get all my stuff snagged on the bottom
    Deckies who have more lines in the water than they can possibly manage

Deckies that generally give me the irrates just by being there, but manage to catch the most / biggest fish

Me, for thoroughy enjoying their company and dimwitted antics

drifting through my burley trail, now i dont mind those boaties that like to do the drifting and moving around a bit, but when i have found a spot that dont interfere with their style of fishing to anchor and do my more relaxed style of fishing dont decide to move in front of me and plan a drift to go right next to me. Firstly it breaks up my relaxation time because i'm busy watching to see if they are going to run into me and second it's MY burley trail for MY fair share of the fish. Show some respect and stay out of my face until i leave, you wouldnt stand so close to hold my hand when i'm fishing onshore so dont do it when i'm offshore!
    Confucius says.........."Before man become master fisherman, man must become master baiter".

Hey guys,
    Mine is, getting buzzed by a local pro in his boat while I fish one of my spots.

Hopefully he is still untangling braid from around his prop shaft after taking my lure. not the first time either.

The f#%#@* did it again this morning, Geez.
    The whole river entrance and he has to come and buzz me!!
    Should put a Moari curse on him.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
    The f#%#@* did it again this morning, Geez.
    The whole river entrance and he has to come and buzz me!!
    Should put a Moari curse on him.
    You should start using wire trace - that might just get wound around the prop shaft and introduce itself to the delicate seals that keep the oil in and the water out.

Idiots chucking their crab nets out for 7-8 metres with a big splash and then finishing up with the net below them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dog View Post
    You should start using wire trace - that might just get wound around the prop shaft and introduce itself to the delicate seals that keep the oil in and the water out.
    +1. make sure one of your rods is spooled with piano wire. he'll only make that mistake one more time!