Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What really annoys you when fishing

Re: What really annoys you when fishing

Boats without motors. We invented them. Use them.. and take of those rediculous sandals! What are you, a rich hurrychrishner ? (sp)

No seriously. People that want to come fishing really badly, and when they do.. Whinge, wont pick up a mullet, wont even pay attention when you're showing them a knot. etc etc Most of all, give you $10 at the end of the day and say thanks mate, lets do it again next week.

My pet hate it seeing crap in the water. Tinnies (actually cans) plastic bags etc. couple of hundred metre bundles of line. Really gets me when its clearly fisher folk doing it to.

Also, it was mentioned before. People that keep it because its sized, no other reason. You ask what it was like, and they turn around and say. "Oh, couldnt be bothered scale/gut etc, so we threw it out."

IVE ACTUALLY HAD THAT WHEN I TOOK SOMEONE OUT AND THEY TOOK THEIR SHARE OF 4 MUD CRABS !!!!!!!!!

Needless to say they got a stern talking too.

"There is certainly something in fishing that tends to produce a gentleness of spirit, a pure serenity of mind."

people that offer money for the trip after you already told them from the start that you did not want any.

Other than that..NOTHING.
    you want to drive close by..I don't care
    you want to drive your jet ski..I don't care
    you want to make a lot of noise..I don't care
    you want to catch snapper..i don't care.

I go on the water to relax..anyone that does find the switch to really aggravate my relaxation better have good health cover..nothing worries me when I go fishing...too many other stresses in life thanks.

Other than the slapping noise that echoes from your ali hull, my pet hates are expressed through my "Rules for the Boat".

In order, they are:

1. Don't put the skipper in the pi$$
    2. Tell the skipper if you feel uncomfortable in the boat, and
    3. Don't bang snapper leads against my painted hull.

These three give me all the perspective I need (I think!!!)

Cheers,

Steve

I love it when you're repeating a drift line over and over because it's being successful for you. Then the other boats anchored nearby, not catching anything, notice and decide they need to move and anchor directly in your drift... while your drifting towards them... 30m away....
    That one is probably my pet hate, and I can expect it to happen every single time I fish at Harry's.... (it comes with the territory, I guess)

Should have been here yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Damned67 View Post
    I love it when you're repeating a drift line over and over because it's being successful for you. Then the other boats anchored nearby, not catching anything, notice and decide they need to move and anchor directly in your drift... while your drifting towards them... 30m away....
    That one is probably my pet hate, and I can expect it to happen every single time I fish at Harry's.... (it comes with the territory, I guess)

Some pretty good ones already but this one would have to be my biggest of all. It sits besd anchoring in someones burly trail and should not be tollerated.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I'm annoyed when I have to buy the paddle pops on the way home and I seem to have to do it all the time.

How many have that as a "gone fishing" rule?? ie first legal fish buys the paddle pops.
    Sad bit is I fish a lot solo and still have to abide by the rules

And then I'm annoyed when I get home and have chicken for tea when there's fresh fish on offer.
    Well not really annoyed because I'll have them the next day and I reckon they taste better the next day....but gees I look forward to fish for tea after going fishing
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

You've found a quiet creek too fish in. This spot seem's to be working really well.
    You're solo in a beautifull location, nature is abundance , you've now become part of the scenery Till......TILL....AHHH!!!

The sound of at least 20 , yes 20 friggin Jet Ski's are headed in your direction. Your heart picks up pace your mouth is as dry as. Yep your primed and ready for the occasion.

You stand arms folded waiting for the S.C.P's (small cock pilot's) to arrive at the creek mouth in number's and with NO reduction in speed as they approach your spot.

The team leader spot's you. He raises his hand to the other's. At least 30knot's comes down around to 10knots, Yes I was amazed that they slowed down. That was good, but this is bad.

You're once quiet and productive spot has now become a rally point for these 20 odd friggin jet ski's. The water is at boiling point with Jet wash, the sound of silence is smashed by the constant stabbing of S.C.P. throttle and you're totally encircled......FRIGGIN FANTASTIC.....!!!

The team leader pull's up broadside and asks, "Got any Mate?" My cold stare of non approval was acknowledge. "Nup you've all fixed that," I answered. My current mood at the time , must've been real easy to read, because all S.C.P's started to jerk and stab their throttels as no one else can..... and dissapeared thank christ!

YOU GOTTA HATE THAT.

Cheer's Gav.

Towing the boat 400km to the coast, burning $200 of fuel to get there. Put 200l of fuel in the boat+ bait,ice etc. only to have the 5 knot variable wind forecast come up to 15-20 knots and totally ruin everything. Only to then tow 400km home. So I've now spent over $600 for nothing.. Gotta I hate fishing sometimes

I can put up with morons, idiots at the ramp/fishing.

What I hate is a ruined weekend due to crappy weather forecast. Pisses me off so much.

Few weekends ago went to Sykes reef for the night, friday was perfect weather,caught a few fish and pumped for sat session.
    sat forecast 10-15 easing in the afternoon. Woke up at 4am to 25knot winds, checked forecast on my phone. 20-25knot winds increasing to 25-30 late in the day..... I almost cried

I don't mind people calling me on the mobile phone, in fact most times I appreciate hearing from them BUT how is it that I can almost guarantee when I will get a call when fishing, its usually when I have just hooked a fish, or in the middle of tying a knot, or whinching the boat onto the trailer at the ramp

The other pet hate comes well B4 the actual fishing part. It's the label I give people who express interest in being a deckie for you one day... the label I give them is Gunnas. I am gunna come out with you one day...... They are the ones who seem keen enough, but you always seem to spend a fortune calling them instead of the other way around. CRAP! I am the boat owner, if you want to come out with me, ring me!! But don't tell me work roster or birthday party and then leave it.. until the next time we catch up socially, and if we talk fishing, don't pretend by saying " Mate, we should have a fish one day". Fortunately I have no gripes with anyone on AF, all members I have come to know here are reliably keen. A brother in law .... he's history! No more offers!!

Scalem

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    people that offer money for the trip after you already told them from the start that you did not want any.

Other than that..NOTHING.
    you want to drive close by..I don't care
    you want to drive your jet ski..I don't care
    you want to make a lot of noise..I don't care
    you want to catch snapper..i don't care.

I go on the water to relax..anyone that does find the switch to really aggravate my relaxation better have good health cover..nothing worries me when I go fishing...too many other stresses in life thanks.
    couldn't have said it better myself,especially the health cover bit, but yeh it takes a hell of alot to get to that point.
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

That other bloke 100 m away catching (my ) big fish.

Going to the effort of getting the boat/gear/bait/burley etc organized the night before, waking up at 3am, launching the boat at 4am, only to have 10 or so VC scream over to your location and anchor 10m away just after sunrise. Happens all the time!

Anyone who has a $100 LED headlamp (eye burner) that looks at you and anything else that moves within a 100m radius. People should have to past an idiot test to be able to use one of those things- they are damn lethal.

Cheers
    Pete

hooking a monster jack only to find your mate didnt bring the net then loosing it at the boat. that was a couple years back and i still have nightmares. havent caught one since....