Thread: Pre-purchase inspection

Pre-purchase inspection

Guys looking for some expertise / reccomendations from those of you in the Nthn part of Queensland, in particular Emerald & surrounds. As a southerner, Adelaide in fact excuse my naivity on locations up that way

I am looking at a second hand vessel up that way and like all things bought electronically I understand there are risks involed, so to minimise these risks I'm keen to have a pre-purchase inspection of the whole vessel carried out before things get to nitty gritty.

Therefore, can anyone reccommend, or know of a reputable / knowledgeable person who can perform such tasks. A quick google brings up some, but I think distance is a factor & they also relieve themselves of any checks of the hull & trailer. Items, argueably, just as important as the engine.

As always thanks in advance for your assistance

Re: Pre-purchase inspection

If its in Emerald, Im not sure there's anyone here who can do official boat inspections. Closest town is rockhampton(3hours away) You could hunt around there and see if someone is willing to travel out and look at it.

btw my boat is in Emerald and is for sale if your interested

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    If its in Emerald, Im not sure there's anyone here who can do official boat inspections. Closest town is rockhampton(3hours away) You could hunt around there and see if someone is willing to travel out and look at it.

btw my boat is in Emerald and is for sale if your interested
    Probably leave me in the same position but i'm listening
    S where do u emerald guys go for servicing etc?

I Head into rockhampton. There is a marine place in town that services mostly water-ski boats.A few blokes take their small outboard for a serive there. But he's pricey and not a direct dealer of any brand
    They could probably do a engine/trailer check. not sure if they are willing to do a hull check though.

is the boat your after in Emerald itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post

is the boat your after in Emerald itself?

Supposedly, thats where its listed as being.
    Gotta name of this guy you use?
    Gotta hand it to you guys, whats Rocky from your place, 300K? Looong trip to get your rigs done.
    Things we do for the love of our toys huh!

Ok boat is now in Rockhampton & I know there are afew guys ohn this site from that way, so........
    Where can I get a pre-purchase inspection done in Rocky?

There is Blue Fin Sports and Terrys Marine in Rocky that sell and service boats. There is Sea Breeze Marine at Yeppoon. These are the only dealers that I can think of.

Rosslyn Bay Marina at Yeppoon may also have someone who does that sort of thing. Yeppoon is 50km from Rocky on the coast.

Cheers
    Craig