Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "todays posts"

"todays posts"

Hi

I used to have a option / tab across the top of the page that also included a option to click and it simply showed all of "todays posts". It was in a drop down menu that allowed me to click on subscribed posts, new or unread etc

For some reason - maybe my doing- when I log on it dosn't show that any more. Instaed I have a tabe with drop down alled "member CP" which is far less user friendly and doesn't include a "todays post" option.

Any help appreciated as I would like it back

Thanks.

PS Last time it disappeared I went to a very old stored favourite and when clicking on it the "old" and menu appared and has stayed that way for several months.

PSS Just had a quick look at a old page and it was called "quick links"

Re: "todays posts"

I'm pretty sure today's post is for people who are guest only

I know what you mean but I was also able to see the option in the drop down tab "quick links" when logged in.

Ohh forgot to add - do admin read this section of the board or should I be sending a message to get a answer on something like this ??

Thanks

We read it.

There is a tab at the top of the page which says " New posts " between " search " and " Mark Forums read ".

That will take you to posts made on the day.

Cheers phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phill is there an option for only viewing NEW threads since you last visited?
    Was wondering this yesterday as well

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Phill is there an option for only viewing NEW threads since you last visited?
    Was wondering this yesterday as well
    Franco, I think you will find the 'new posts' option is exactly that.
    It only lists the posts/threads since your last visit.

Thanks Phil I know that one but

What I was asking was how I can change back to the menu / tab bar that doesn't have the member CP ab but has teh older tabs on it?

The "todays posts"was good for me as I am often on between 10pm and 2am and by clicking on it a couple of times I was able to get the last 24 hrs posts I had read and not read. Trying to do it by search is a nightmare as it requires 6 letters or whatever.

If I am on 2 PC for the day and I quickly look at a topic but don't have time to read it when I go look again I can't find it.

If you don't know the menu tabs I am talking about I'll go back via history or old link and try ( if somene can tell me how) to get a screen shot of the menu and tabs

I am guessing it has something to do with my logi and a cookie but am not a propeller head to know any more.

Thanks

Yep, you are right, the menu is not there. The forum is currently out of sync. It does it every now and then. Steve (Ausfish) will catch up with it soon and reset it.
    Regards

mod5

Todays posts will still come up if you haven't signed in. If you have, the new posts works with a cookie which recognises that you have read some older posts and changes colour the thread title if you have been in the thread before

My issue is if you click on new posts and you haven't been around for a few days there is a LOT of reading to get through. If you stop half way through and go away for a while doing something else then you come back and click the back button it brings up the "nothing to display" or similar message.... That peeves me off because then I have to start going through ach individual forum finding the latest posts.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Thanks Mod 5

At least I am not going mad .......... Well maybe not.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    Thanks Mod 5

At least I am not going mad .......... Well maybe not.

Cheers
    Nah, you aren't going mad. When it's like this it's a pain in the butt. Affects a lot of things I do as well
    Regards

mod5

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    Nah, you aren't going mad. When it's like this it's a pain in the butt. Affects a lot of things I do as well
    I guess it makes chasing down those members that post heinous things that much hard to catch, hey Mod 5
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finding_time View Post
    I guess it makes chasing down those members that post heinous things that much hard to catch, hey Mod 5
    Nah not really. Most times they stick out like dogs .............. well you know what I mean
    Regards

mod5

Ahhhhhhhh well it still isn't working. Can't just get todays posts whether I have read them or not.

When I stay logged in and am not reading posts "something resets "like a cookie and it shows all posts read so when I go "new post" I get like 2 posts that have just happened.

Can I please have the Todays post tab back or tell me where it is??/

Thanks

PS if that doesn't make sense just tell me .

Ahhhh Mod My quick links tab has returned and am happy!!! Thanks

Please tell me it is going to stay and is not just because of the crash???