Thread: Two Stroke Oil {tcw3}

Two Stroke Oil {tcw3}

Anyone know were i can get cheep oil? even a 20l drum would be good?
    Thanks Chris
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Two Stroke Oil {tcw3}

Caltex distributers, good quality TCW3 for $110/20L or there abouts.

don't buy cheap oil. Buy better quality in decent quantity you will use ( between mates) withing 3-6 months. Check wih distributer what the shelf life is once opened and if it needs a stir or not..

Buy bulk oxes of 4l containers and keep them cool and out of sunlight and they will have good price and better shelf life.

Agree with FNQ, Caltex from your local distributor, great products and great prices!

Hi Chris

I just got a 20 litre drum from Caltex - Super outboard 3 (couple days ago)

If you don't need 20 litres straight up, and If you have empty 4 litre containers, you would be welcome to buy some of mine at $6 per litre (and I'd be happy to do that on an ongoing basis to keep it from getting old)

cheers

Mick

Does oil really go off that quickly though?
    I would have thought the shelf-life of bottled oil was at least several years before it degraded enough to start causing issues?

Whats wrong with Shell Nautilus TCW - 3 compared to Caltex? I hope nothing as I recently bought 20 lt of the stuff!

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

the thing is that i use 3l a trip. Now i don't use valvaline on anything else i own but i do rate it as a 2 stroke oil. I use to be able to get it for $22 for 5 litres but a shop i use to get it from dosent carry it anymore.

As far as saying oil goes off i don't know. When i go for a trip i have about 150-170 litres left in the tank. I only put a fraction {100ml extra} in on a refill next trip. Every 6 months i also put in a cup of metho in the tank because it is a alloy and this drys up the water in the fuel.

I did a compresion test the other day out of interest and found the cylinders where all spot on bar one, which was 2 pound lower. When i read the manufactors specs they say on a new powerhead they can be upto 5 pound out. So i'd say they is nothing wrong with valverline 2 stroke oil.

I am only buying my time with 2 stroke till i can get my hands on a 4 banger.
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spiro, do a seach on that subject. Someone on this site had a great source near the Gateway Bridge in Brisbane.
    David

Caltex distributor at Hamilton is where I get the 20 litre drums from

cheers

Mick

Chimo

Were do you get your 20L drum of Nautilus?

Almost out and had been told it was no longer supplied in 20L drums. Was contemplating swapping to caltex for the bulk purchase option, but would prefer to stay with Nautilus (if it aint broke dont fix it).

Ben

Hi Robendog

I got it from the Gold Coast outlet of below that also handles Shell oil ie,

NEUMANN PETROLEUM ^D/MATILDA

(07) 3845 6700

Brisbane
    23 Theodore St
    Eagle Farm QLD 4009

www.neumannpetroleum.com.au

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................