Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    Hey guys as the title suggest looking at purchasing a 60hp long shaft tiller, just seeing if anyone has purchased lately and what sort of pricing you guys are getting back.

    Now brand of engine doesn't really bother as we currently have Suzuki, Mercury, tohatsu, etec, and in the past Yamaha of course. So I'm no follower of one brand.

    I have priced up the etec a no they are the cheapest at the moment but a 2 cylinder 60hp just doesn't sit well so I can't justify the 8k. And boat will idle a lot so don't want it to be vibrating everything.

    So far prices as follows please let me know if you have seen better.

    Yamaha $8,900 fitted
    Etec. $8,000.00 fitter
    Suzuki $ 10,100.00 fitted

    Haven't had a price for Mercury yet and sorry 4 strokes only.

    If you have had better luck please if you could share that would be great.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

  2. #2

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    Did you get a price on a Honda?

  3. #3

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    G'day

    I have a Suzuki DF70 tiller for sale if interested. Call me tomorrow on the number below.

    Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au
    0421802691

  4. #4

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    Nah no pricing yet had a look online for Honda and was 11k so haven't bothered not spending that.

    What year model is it Dave? Might be interested.

  5. #5

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    Contacted Garry (Spaniard King) today and ordered a 60hp Honda, Beat them all on pricing so does pay to check out all brands!

    Cheers Dan
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

  6. #6

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    Contacted Garry (Spaniard King) today and ordered a 60hp Honda, Beat them all on pricing so does pay to check out all brands!

    Cheers Dan
    Wow that's great news and gets my mind ticking as I like the Honda motors they seem to be ever reliable and quite I know it's lighter than the merc 2 stroke I have on now which was a big surprise ,good luck with that ..Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......


  7. #7

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    yeah mate was quite suprised!! and the Best warranty in the Business! so ticked boxes all around.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

  8. #8

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    Contacted Garry (Spaniard King) today and ordered a 60hp Honda, Beat them all on pricing so does pay to check out all brands!

    Cheers Dan
    kind of guessed that would be the case, was just about to PM you, it was a toss up when I got my 60 tiller steer between the Honda and a Yamaha, ended up going Yamaha and can't say it is a great motor, not bad, but not like my mates Honda on the same boat.....

  9. #9

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    kind of guessed that would be the case, was just about to PM you, it was a toss up when I got my 60 tiller steer between the Honda and a Yamaha, ended up going Yamaha and can't say it is a great motor, not bad, but not like my mates Honda on the same boat.....
    That's good to hear that i hopefully made the right choice! was between Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda in the end as i found a better price on Suzuki's. Was only a couple of hundred dollars between them all in the end!
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

  10. #10

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    Haha, just seen this post
    Garry

    http://www.ssmarine.com.au Ask us for an unbelievable Price on a new Honda

  11. #11

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    I really like Honda. Their bikes are great. Their small engines are superb. I currently own two Yamahas and one Suzuki. If the weight was ok I would always consider Honda on a re-power.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  12. #12

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    Don't believe the Internet myth that all Hondas are heavy, in some HP they are considerably lighter than the fancied other brands.

  13. #13

    Re: 60hp pricing at the moment all brands!

    Yeh mate I know..... Weight in any class is sometimes an issue though so it's always a consideration on some transoms.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us