Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extendable draw bar

Re: Extendable draw bar

Yep. I can take a photo and measure it up for you. When are you heading to Fraser?

It is 4m long of 100x50 with hitch and spacers. I have a bag with U bolts and extra spacers. To transport it to Fraser I just clamped it to the trailer alongside the boat.

Last edited by John_R; 18-06-2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Add photo

John,
    Yep looks the goods. I'm sure I can make something out of that for sure.
    We're heading up to Fraser in 4 weeks time so I'll try and make it up to your place this week in order to give me a bit of time if I need to cut and shut.

Brissy Boy - As Murf says - if the launching area isn't flat then I'm guessing I'm not launching the tinny as it's probably too rough for me. In a half cabin jumping breaking waves isn't much of a concern but the little Brooker doesn't like waves landing on her
    If it's rough enough to have swell rolling over the back sand bar and into the launching gutter I'll probably be beaching fishing.
    Having said that I've got a truckies tie down that is missing the ratchet part. The long section and hook will make a tow rope to drag her up the beach. I've put trailers under smaller boats before when they've been sitting on the ground but never something in the 5m range. In theory it should be possible.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Brett

brett retrieving my viking by dragging it up the beach
    and virtually reversing the trailer under the boat rather than winching it up
    (except for the last few feet) is easier than worrying about wave movement
    cheers brian