Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PowerCat 2500

Re: PowerCat 2500

Timiboy.......I think you'll find that as far as the electrolisis goes that the shore power pl is the mischief maker. I know with alloy yachts especially that its a real nightmare.

I went out in a 1900 KC on the weekend in 20-25knts and was very suprised at how well it rode in the crappy conditions. I sat in the front seat the entire trip out....something I can't do in my boat.

Finga - he already has a dog....in fact he has 2.....

How does the kc 2400 stack up in comparison to the powercat (price/finish etc)?

Hi Tim i own a 2600 power cat with twin Suzuki 140 hp the 2500 uses the same hull you are welcome to a ride any time i have owned 2 c/crafts and would not even mention them in the same class i cross the pin bar regularly and laugh to myself some of the crap thats on this site about cats as for the motors teel Steve shaw that i said to put a Mercury on the back he and he will

All these ney sayers... I have been out in the VMR boat (27ft noosa) in conditions that non of you pansies would even consider...pfft... Yup, the cat scares the piss out of me even in light seas, but it has never rolled over. I prefer a mono, but the cat still eats it up. Timi, just buy the boat, dont listen to these girls.

wow..I cannot believe the price for one of those.

Actually I've never driven a cat. Had never even driven a boat until 3 years ago. But I've driven just about everything else and at the end of the day it's all the same, imo. Different, but the same.

The feature level and "shiny" of the Powercat is next level up from KC, NC and so on. So is the price, but huh, money schmoney. You can't take it with you, and you'll always blow it on something. And if you don't there's always some $%^& in the wings trying to rip it off you.

Finga, I already own 5 excavators, and planning five more in the next 2.5 years. I need some fun too, you know. And excavators are no fun at all. Bobcats are fun.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Bobcats are fun.
    Cheers,
    Tim
    Yep, yep they are
    Buggers just don't turn up for a job though. Been waiting since last Friday

Big excavators are fun too. Funny squashing a car in a set of jaws or putting a ripper through a house

But if you buy more excavators you make more and then you can buy a bigger boat to take more mates fishing...but just a year later.
    Ritchie brothers is on very soon. Hint, hint
    Cheers then MATE

Andy...any rodholders on your VMR boat??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Timi,

I am going to be the last one to knock anyone for going to a cat but I think there would have to be far better value for money options available than a 2500 Powercat. A 5 min search brought up this

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=77175&url=

and

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=60790&url=

and

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=59909&url=

Just a couple of second hand boats to consider that you could have landed here, spec'd how you wanted for a fraction of 200k.

Food for thought.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Timi,

I am going to be the last one to knock anyone for going to a cat but I think there would have to be far better value for money options available than a 2500 Powercat. A 5 min search brought up this
    Just a couple of second hand boats to consider that you could have landed here, spec'd how you wanted for a fraction of 200k.

Food for thought.

Cheers

Chris
    Thanks for that Chris. Once you add a trailer of course (around 15K with brakes) the numbers are starting to climb, but the big issues with these fellas are weight and beam. They are 16cm too wide for our roads, and they will likely max out over 3500kg loaded and on the trailer.

And what would it actually cost to import? Plus 5% duty and is there GST on a second hand import? Do the engines/electronics have international warranties?

I know that there's lots of flex in the regs as they are enforced, and one would get away with both, however; once you have an accident on the road, all bets are off.

The Powercat as I have described it has most if not all the features of these boats, too - masceraters in the fishboxes, even! Along with similar fuel capacity, lighter weight, and more ponies. Additionally, mine will have Furuno Navnet, autopilot, radar. None of which are cheap, and help bring that price up.

Cheers,

Tim

Timi, the olds bought this boat & never owned a boat before. She was a beauty, (dont own anymore)handled almost anything, and was a great cruising boat. Had the very first 250 four strokes imported and fitted on the east coast of australia, and they pushed this boat out to 40 knts (up sandy straights, very calm). Awesome on fuel as well, but i do remember the very first fill seemed as tho there was a hole in the fueltanks, fill went on and on.

go for it mate, the heart wants what the heart wants.....

(special thanks to damon from nomad charters for the piccies he took of our boat that day)

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    Timi, the olds bought this boat & never owned a boat before. She was a beauty, (dont own anymore)handled almost anything, and was a great cruising boat. Had the very first 250 four strokes imported and fitted on the east coast of australia, and they pushed this boat out to 40 knts (up sandy straights, very calm). Awesome on fuel as well, but i do remember the very first fill seemed as tho there was a hole in the fueltanks, fill went on and on.

go for it mate, the heart wants what the heart wants.....

(special thanks to damon from nomad charters for the piccies he took of our boat that day)
    That's a sweet rig. I've decided to go a trailer boat, even though the heart wants bigger. In many respects this boat is an "interim" as in 4-5 years I plan on something MUCH bigger.

http://www.bravamarine.com/products-45sport.php

Now THAT'S a boat! There's one in Raby Bay harbour, named Therapy. You could fish 20 people off that rig.

Cheers,

tim

now ya talking...nice rig !!

Thanks for that Chris. Once you add a trailer of course (around 15K with brakes) the numbers are starting to climb, but the big issues with these fellas are weight and beam. They are 16cm too wide for our roads, and they will likely max out over 3500kg loaded and on the trailer.

And what would it actually cost to import? Plus 5% duty and is there GST on a second hand import? Do the engines/electronics have international warranties?

I know that there's lots of flex in the regs as they are enforced, and one would get away with both, however; once you have an accident on the road, all bets are off.

The Powercat as I have described it has most if not all the features of these boats, too - masceraters in the fishboxes, even! Along with similar fuel capacity, lighter weight, and more ponies. Additionally, mine will have Furuno Navnet, autopilot, radar. None of which are cheap, and help bring that price up.

Cheers,

Tim

Tim , a couple of facts here .

The gacier would be a bigger boat than the powecat ( she is 28 foot) and she will be over 4.5 t on a trailer thats for sure. I don't know the specs , their web will have them but as a rule USA built fishing boats have huge tanks , my 21' Trophy holds 320 lts !!

I don't know about the 3.5 t ready to fish for the 2500 PC Is that on a gal trailer ? trailer alone would be close to 1000 kg !! I think loaded and fueled you are looking at or close to 4000kg !!

The glacier is to wide for our roads but you can do short tow with a permit . As long as its under 4.5 T you can tow with a large Yank tank.
    You can get a new ally tailer with S/S brakes in USA for well under $10 K us.
    When you import from USA ( must made in USA) new or old you don't pay import duty just 10% GST on evything including land costs and sea freight.
    No international used warranty for most but you can check with manufacturers.
    If you buy new , most will offer a warranty though.
    Electronics are much cheaper there than here but again warranty can be a problem.

Shipping cost depends on the cubic metres but about $160 per cubic is about right if on trailer RO-RO+ a couple $k at your local port charges .

If you need more info on importing feel free to contact me .

Good luck with whatever you decide ..

That's a sweet rig. I've decided to go a trailer boat, even though the heart wants bigger. In many respects this boat is an "interim" as in 4-5 years I plan on something MUCH bigger.

http://www.bravamarine.com/products-45sport.php

Now THAT'S a boat! There's one in Raby Bay harbour, named Therapy. You could fish 20 people off that rig.

Cheers,

tim
    My mate had one of those I think. He brought it over from Europe and was gunna be an agent for them. I'll find out if its the same boat if so he knows all about them.