Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: how to catch a feed of crabs in morton bay

Re: how to catch a feed of crabs in morton bay

well fellas its time to pull out your pots again and do the check over again,ropes floats and name tag's...i know mick i still got to bring ya some rope down..next weekend for me will be the first trip of the new season..the northerlies have started to blow ...have heard the crabs are moving in the northern bay already around bribie and into bramble bay...should be down this way in a week or two
    cheers roso

I cant give you too much of a roasting about the rope rosco as i was told to remind you but forgot myself. Got those new pots and are ready to set them up so it sounds like its time for a thousand beers and get them ready for next week. Might have to make it two thousand beers as we need to come up with a plan for the river pots for when we move.

Cheers Mick

for sure mate,you know i nearly love a beer as much as you do....this time next month mate we will be drinking beer and eating freshly caught muddies from your new place...kierens look forward to getting a few from the pontoon

A few horse sandys kicking around at the moment, managed a good feed the last couple of trips. Ben

nice one blooey.was going to put the pots out yesterday but got sidetracked..deffinatly next weekend

good stuff Rosco. i love fishing from sep through to about march around redcliffe area, mainly cause i can throw the pots in all day while im fishin and get a feed of sandies no trouble at all... we got nice feeds every trip through those months last season cant wait to get stuck into em again soon.
    Also, last season i was getting pretty much 10 or 12 males to every female, and nearly every male is legal sized which is great... does anyone know why this is?? do the girls just not feed as much as the boys? anyway hope the pattern continues

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    well fellas its time to pull out your pots again and do the check over again,ropes floats and name tag's...i know mick i still got to bring ya some rope down..next weekend for me will be the first trip of the new season..the northerlies have started to blow ...have heard the crabs are moving in the northern bay already around bribie and into bramble bay...should be down this way in a week or two
    cheers roso
    Here we go lets hope its a good season for crabbing hey rosco1974, if the couple of sandies I got up at Pumicstone a month ago are anything to go buy it may well be.
    Cheers Axl

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    good stuff Rosco. i love fishing from sep through to about march around redcliffe area, mainly cause i can throw the pots in all day while im fishin and get a feed of sandies no trouble at all... we got nice feeds every trip through those months last season cant wait to get stuck into em again soon.
    Also, last season i was getting pretty much 10 or 12 males to every female, and nearly every male is legal sized which is great... does anyone know why this is?? do the girls just not feed as much as the boys? anyway hope the pattern continues
    I think the scientific reason is as follows:

YOU ARE ONE LUCKY *****

I'm always hitting the opposite ratios.
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by pipifin View Post
    I think the scientific reason is as follows:

YOU ARE ONE LUCKY *****

I'm always hitting the opposite ratios.
    its only the sandies, muddies are the reverse and then some