Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to buy an esky lock!!!

Time to buy an esky lock!!!

Why does the good old long weekend bring out the scum on the water?
    This is in relation to the scumbag who taxed my esky at colomon rd ramp.
    After a long shift fishing from 3.30am to around 7.30pm I'd reckon it was time to call it a day.

So I headed home for the ramp. In my esky was a nice line caught winter muddy, a few whitting and a good brace of winter brawling bream 2 bream in particular were stornch indeed, and just to top it off two nice flathead. Yeah I guess I did well.

Anyway by the time I get to the ramp, It's just me and one other mug. this mug asks did Ya do alright. I said Yeah and headed up the ramp to get the truck. Now this mug was just about to pull out from the ramp as I was coming in.

By now I'm just about to reverse down the ramp when this other mug rips his rig from the drink and screams up the ramp. He's up and gone!

At this stage I was thinkin that this little episode was a bit ruff around the edges
    so doing my thing I get to my rig only to find my esky lid wide open . You say to your self YOU"VE GOT TO BE ##### KINDIN . after a good look YEAH he's taken 2 flathead and a Nice bream to go with.

I hope Karma Rains Hell on you brother.

Has this happened to any one else? Where is society headed from Trailor theft to pot stealing to esky taxing what next.

Re: Time to buy an esky lock!!!

Jeez thats a bit rough mate. Its a sad world at times.

Far out ..... that's pretty bold along with being a shite thing to do to someone.
    How often do we leave the rig to go fetch the car with all the gear in the boat - if they go through an ice box - how easy would it be to pilfer an outfit.

Not good

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

That's extremely poor form, but what was the muddy doing? Wasn't he supposed to guard the esky?

Quote Originally Posted by sandbankmagnet View Post
    That's extremely poor form, but what was the muddy doing? Wasn't he supposed to guard the esky?
    That would have been funny

The other caper is downright lower then a snakes bellybutton though.
    I hope his boat bounced over the speed bumps and a roller punched a hole through it.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

maybe he just didnt want to put up with the ridicule from his wife again coming home with no fish!!!! 12 months without a fish can do funny things to some men.... but i do agree is is a low act

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Seriously that's just incredible, i chastise myself each time for being a little nervous when boating by myself and i have to park or pickup the car and trailer out of view of the boat and all my stuff in inside it.

I parked at a shopping centre a week ago and locked the car only to return just 10-15 minutes later to notice as I walked up the drivers side door ajar. I had accidentally left the front passengers side window down 1/3 of the way and in even that short time someone had taken the opportunity to go through it.

Interestingly I parked beside a large van which blocked good view of the down window so it's not as if 100 people saw it and just one happened to be a cretin, it was much closer to the only one that noticed it was a cretin...says it all really.

Seriously a person today needs to watch their back.

That would have to be the lowest of low acts, lets hope it only brings bad luck to him. Would it be too much to hope he gets a scale in his eye while cleaning them (the old man had one in his eye years ago and it was quite a painful job getting it out)and chokes on a bone while eating them.

Jease, how many times have I left my boat to get the trailer thinking things would be ok? Its a pitty you didnt get the pricks number plate hey.

That is a LOW ACT!!!
    I hope that they choke on the fish and roll over and die a slow painful death.
    That is slack!!

Congrats on a good haul though!! Pity the trip was spoiled for you though.

Jason.
    FISHING IS NOT A HOBBY...................IT'S AN OBSESSION!!

That is an amazing story!

How desperate, stupid and low can some people get?

UNBELEIVABLE - this is all I can say as I read this....

Yep it's a sad day for mankind when capers like this happen. Rightly said I hope you choke you mug.

To answere the question why wasn't the muddy on guard duty? He was sound asleep in the bottom of the esky wraped in a blanket of ice.

If by some long odds you're a member of this forum and you've commited this act I hope guilt gives you restless sleep, cause as what you've just read goes to show you how highly other's think of your actions..... Time hold's many surprises, Mug my Foe.

Anyway on a more lighter note, hope you boy's and girls faired well this long weekend.

Tight lines and fish on the plate for all.

Charleville I love that end tag. May your reel scream for mercy. It kind've stokes you up for the next trip.

With any bit of luck, the flatties would have been full of worms or some disease that makes 'certain parts' shrivel and fall off.

Thats just downright nasty. But if karma is anything to go by, the ocean now owes you big time.

Cheers
    Steve
    'Amateur Fisherman, Expert Storyteller'

Member 101

The ocean well she's given my family heaps over the years. But I do ask for one small wish.. May the gods of Karma bring this Mug a little step closer to the end of the food chain while his butt is floating on the surface. Let the almighty Grey suites sought out this joker... and may it be done slowly.

I fish for long hours all conditions just like the rest of us. I don't intend to feed Mug's .

Anyway what's done is done... There's some foke here worse off than missing a few fish, I'm truely shocked.

Tight lines 101.