Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you topshot your braid (barra , bass)

Re: Do you topshot your braid (barra , bass)

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    And that was one of the last times we ever saw the Hat, the actual hat that is Bout time for Mark II Nath I reckon.

Cheers and looking forward to sharing a cold one with you next weekend, as well as the rest of you boys and girls.

Paul
    Hey Pauly .... it was a sad day to discover the hat had goonnee

But a new one was needed anyway the old one was beging to be a heath hazard... anyway I asked santa for one but I dont know I might have to go for a shop before the muster... I think shades and sails had a clearance sale on

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post

But a new one was needed anyway the old one was beging to be a heath hazard... anyway I asked santa for one but I dont know I might have to go for a shop before the muster... I think shades and sails had a clearance sale on
    Hey Nath, If you are travelling through Rockhampton call in there mate. They seem to have the hats with the biggest verandah's i have ever seen, shade the whole boat i reckon.

Cheers,
    John.

Buy a new hat Nath, it just aint the same without seeing you with it on.
    We all have our favs, that black thing of mine has ben stuck on my noodle for every trip bar 2 I think, they become good luck charms!

Talking Re: Do you topshot your braid (barra , bass)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Ok, so I lost 20 odd mts of line off my twin power yesterday so I want to take it off, put some poorer quality braid under, reverse the good braid. What's the trick with taking the braid off and reloading after I fill the spool a bit.

Tie the end around my sons finger and then set him off on his bike??

Pete
    Yes, is there another way?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Previously I have had my reels loaded by a "friend" who works at a tackle store but for those who do it themselves how much "load" do u add when u spool up. Do u just run it through your fingers or some other form of resistance.

I was thinking of slightly overloading the spool with no resistance then running it out with a deep diving lure attached and winding it back under resistance from the lure.

Pete
    Always let the spool out and re wind under a slow troll. A Slow Troll!
    If there's one handy.

And the same applies after a session in the salt.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Yes, is there another way?

Always let the spool out and re wind under a slow troll. A Slow Troll!
    If there's one handy.

And the same applies after a session in the salt.
    We can help out with that!! Come to think of it Jackson would probably quicker on his pushie
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post

We might have to chip in a get you one Nath. It's just not the same. You could use it to hold all the lucky prize lures at Muster

I'm amped about next week....spoke to Prinny and he said you lucky bassards will be there Wednesday night. I hope you get into them early. Gaz and I are not arriving until mid morning Saturday so we might see you up the lake at lunch for the crew's famous sausage sizzle.....bring your fry pans boys and girls....and the appropriately coloured sauce hey Daz
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    that black thing of mine has ben stuck on my noodle for every trip
    Not sure about that Rakey Hope Benny is not reading this

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Suprised Paul??????? I can't believe it either

When i first heard the storey i thought that Shane would have been ripping trees out by the roots and throwing them at the offender

Perhaps it was the shear stupidityf the guy in trhe Bluefin with the Merc on the back

You would have to believe that the guy had to have several as he could not be that stupid from just playing with one!

Shane, you deserve a medal mate, for displaying such a calm and accepting attitude

Cheers,

John.
    I am a small lump of a lad as you know John but not for a moment would I like to upset Shane at any time, especially when he has a rum in his hand.

See you next week mate. Really looking forward to catching up with you.

Cheers
    Paul