View Poll Results: Bananas are bad luck ?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

83 43.01%
  • No

19 9.84%
  • What a load of superstitious bull !!

91 47.15%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bananas and fishing

Re: Bananas and fishing

I cannot believe that 19 people have said they are bad luck.

I don't believe it really is bad luck,,,, but, I never allow them on my boat. The few times people have brought them on board we have always had slow days. So O voted yes. No need to mess with these things!

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I cannot believe that 19 people have said they are bad luck.
    Do you eat banana's on your boat?
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Do you eat banana's on your boat?
    I very rarely eat bananas anyway..LOL cannot remember the last time I had one.

Quote Originally Posted by reddybayfisher View Post
    Definetly no bananas on my boat ....I also have a thing for ice - no ice in the eski as this presumes your going to get a catch - you should never presume....

Excellent graphics....

My theory also so i just take a small bucket and hope i dont catch anything to big for it

No Bananas....

That includes candy bananas too!

Cheers

Jim

The only thing I allow to come on the boat that is bent is Bruce.

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I very rarely eat bananas anyway..LOL cannot remember the last time I had one.
    If the answer was yes then I'd say that would be the reason for your inability to catch certain species of fish.
    As the answer is no then I'm buggered if I know why then
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Im not biting Tim.

No bananas on my both either, bloody things keep falling of the hook so whats the point.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

bananas, oranges, apples they're all the same.

It's all to do with transferring oils of these fruits onto bait.

The fish does have smell senses. one wiff of these oils and of course they wont touch it. Always wash your hands before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    If the answer was yes then I'd say that would be the reason for your inability to catch certain species of fish.
    As the answer is no then I'm buggered if I know why then
    Pinhead
    Are you a politiican? I notice you avoided a direct question that someone posted earlier. Only needs a direct answer, either yes or no.

My ol man used to use the skins for lures in PNG, reckon they were the best for all sorts of critters.

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    bananas, oranges, apples they're all the same.

It's all to do with transferring oils of these fruits onto bait.

The fish does have smell senses. one wiff of these oils and of course they wont touch it. Always wash your hands before hand.
    LOL ! So don't rub a banana, touch fuel lines, put on sunscreen, pick your nose, scratch your ears and then dig in your butt! You wont catch anything if you touch anything.

I dont know what to believe, but as I remember berley and spew are both full of oils (and carrot) so if you have a sickly child on the boat you wont catch anything either.

Funny world. Actually I see a lot of banana growers around Tully have really big reef boats. maybe we should ask them to contribute
    Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    I put one on Nagg's boat a few trips back at Mondy. Placed it stategically by the landing net so he would find it next barra. But it fell into a cavity and he found it rotten two weeks later !!! So - yes - unlucky for Nagg .
    Hi pete i am glad you finally owned up to that i keep getting the blame but obviously it was bad luck as he did not have to use thelanding net again for the last few days of the trip

shane

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Pinhead
    Are you a politiican? I notice you avoided a direct question that someone posted earlier. Only needs a direct answer, either yes or no.
    huh?????? I said I rarely eat bananas..that has to be pretty close to a no in most people's language