Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noble Super V vs AMM Tournament series

Noble Super V vs AMM Tournament series

Hi guys ...

Have done a search in past threads and had a good look in all sorts of places and can't find any real direct comparison between Noble Super V vs AMM Tournament series ....

I have had some experience with Noble and am quite happy there.

Is most everything roses or are there any real underlying problems with either ... All input greatly appreciated ...

Cheers
    Greg

Re: Noble Super V vs AMM Tournament series

mate to be 100% honest your comparing chalk and cheese. IMHO AMM are in a league of there own. Aussie built, finish is second to none, and the end product really shows why. Yes u will pay more for them but it is not hard to see why. If those are the two boats ur left with then i would go AMM.

Cheers
    Matty

Hey Matty ...

"Tongue in cheek", I am not looking so much at the difference in price, although obviously it has to be a factor, more over the quality of product, functionality of fitment and of course satisfaction of those who have them ...

The other comment you make there also interests me .... "If those are the two boats ur left with ..... " ... so happy to open this right up and hear yours and others comments on alternatives .... After all, this is serious dosh as far as I'm concerned and I certainly don't know it all and happy to take all advice on board !....

Cheers
    Greg

Hey Greg!

To be 100% honest, I am yet to ride in an AMM.
    I've jumped in one (on a trailer), but never had the chance to take one for a spin.
    So I cant comment on the ride of them. Build quality was great though, nice and solid (as you would expect in a set up that was close to 160K)!

The Noble on the other hand, I definately can comment on!
    We picked ours up early this year and we are IN LOVE!

The ride is absolutely fantastic. Definately on par, and possiby better than your 'average' riding fibreglass hull. That says a lot for an alluminium boat I think!

Build quality is also right up there with the best. There is no doubt in my mind that our 685 will give us many many years of service!!

Heres a thread I started a little while ago:
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=161409

Its just an all round awesome design!

Also, see if you can have a good chat with a few others from these forums. Im sure there will be a few guys on here that have had a good run in both.

I know Broomey (Eddy) has just sold his Goldstar to buy a New 7.5M Noble and Captain Seaweed (Marty) has just gotten out of his 6.5M Seafarer, also for a 7.5M Noble.

They might be worth speaking with?

AMM is superior in every way from the first phone call to taking delivery, to after sales suupport. locally built, and very well presented. good luck with your decision!

Fatenhappy
    I just took delivery of a Bluewater alloy boat and am extremely happy with what I got. It would be worth your while to have a look at them in Brisbane. Well built and good design. I too looked at the brands you were looking at and my decision was to go with one of Scotts boats. The AMM was too dear, in my opinion and I did not want to have an imported boat. I wanted my money to stay local and the early Noble imports looked ordinary. It sounds like they have lifted quality lately. Also Scotts contract method seems to be a fair one.

I've got a mate who has a 6.85m Noble Vee and was following me out to DeepTempest last year. I have a Haines Hunter 565L and the trip was taken at a slower pace. When we got out there, he was commenting that he was banging all the way out there which surprised me a bit considering that I was taking it easy. I had a look at a AMM at the Tinny Show and noticed that they have a 20 degree deadrise, which for a alloy boat is quite deep. I spoke to Barton and he said that with that deadrise and wide chines, the ride was much better. Eqivalent to a good glass boat. My brother-in-law has a 9m AMM and his ride is awesome. I suppose a 9m boat would ride pretty well.
    I think that you should talk to Barton at AMM and then to the boys at Noble Vee
    By the way, my mate had to take his Noble Vee back to them to get his Bimini frame welded back on because of some cracks. Anyway whatever you get, should be ok.
    Duck

I have personnally been in both. My mate owns a AMM and I now own a Pacific Sport fish super vee (Now Noble). I can tell you if it is ride you are after the noble wins hands down no comparison. Look at the dead rise. Noble 24 degrees and AMM as previously stated 20 degrees. Finish might be a bit better on the AMM but then again I have not been in the new Nobles. The only thing with the Noble is they are now built offshore and seeing as though I am a true Blue Aussie I don't like seeing our money leave the country. MOre than happy to speak on the phone if you wish. PM if you wish

Thanks Goona ....

Interesting to hear the comparison, as for me it really does come down to trying to compare one platforms performance against the other.

Having said that I consider that I am as true blue as any Australian. But again and currently having a prolonged exposure to value for money off shore vs the Ozzie product (particularly when it includes the middle man syndrome), I now more than ever weigh up every case individually, even more so than previously. $100,000 plus is a lot of cash for one of these rigs and deserves inspection and consideration to every detail accordingly.

And yes, I still prefer to buy Ozzie where ever possible and sensible to do so ...

Im a die hard glass man. (Haines Specifically)
    Used to fish a bit out of a 7.4 Pacific Sportfish Super Vee and it still stands as the best trailerboat I have ever fished out of. Not tried the AMM but have looked over one and was impressed with the quality of assembly and construction.
    Super Vee is by far the best riding Ally boat I have ever fished out of.

Hey dodgy .... got to agree .... the super vees sure seem to be hard to go past for the money, hence the original question for comparison ....

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyone View Post
    Im a die hard glass man. (Haines Specifically)
    Used to fish a bit out of a 7.4 Pacific Sportfish Super Vee and it still stands as the best trailerboat I have ever fished out of. Not tried the AMM but have looked over one and was impressed with the quality of assembly and construction.
    Super Vee is by far the best riding Ally boat I have ever fished out of.
    So are u saying the 7.4 Super vee is THE BEST boat u have ever fished out of?

sharkcat??
    (watch the floor!!)

Hey theangryangler .....

sharkcat??
    (watch the floor!!)
    ... what am I missing here ..... I just don't get it?????