Thread: 06 or later 100 series headlights

06 or later 100 series headlights

Anyone got a spare set or know where I can get some, want to upgrade my 99 model lights, Can get them off Ebay but $600???????????
    Falcadore lights are only 1/3 that
    If You Can't Run With The Dogs....... Stay On The Porch

Re: 06 or later 100 series headlights

Keep your glass housings mate , the late model are plastic...like all h/lights these days.

When you say upgrade do you want to look fancier or perform better?
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    When you say upgrade do you want to look fancier or perform better?
    The clear lenses work better than the refraction type glass lenses(less light scatter)
    fitting a set of HID conversions will help with the UV deterioration(and give a stack more light)

Also the older type are not really suitable for HID like the clear lenses(made for HID)

Plus they look better

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Kevaclone View Post
    The clear lenses work better than the refraction type glass lenses(less light scatter)
    fitting a set of HID conversions will help with the UV deterioration(and give a stack more light)

Also the older type are not really suitable for HID like the clear lenses(made for HID)

Plus they look better

Kev

I hope you all realise retrofitting HIDS are illegal in Australia as they don't comply with ADR .

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhoon View Post
    I hope you all realise retrofitting HIDS are illegal in Australia as they don't comply with ADR .
    Pretty sure you can with the new products on the market. I remember seeing kits, although they were quite exxy.

I don't like the HID's had them on my WRX a few years ago basically just to make the car look better at night. Couldn't see shit compared to the normal halogen

a quick serach on google brought this up:

http://www.hidlighting.com.au/HID%20...ce%20List.html

Australian site so maybe they are Ok now?

They are technically only legal if your vehicle has either self leveling headlights or self leveling rear suspension(Mainly to keep the low beam from blinding others when the vehicle loading changes)

The HID lights come in different colour temperature, the most common is the 6000K lights which is probably what you had Scott, and yes they are crap for night driving anywhere other than city streets on a good clear night due to the higher UV light(More blueish)

4000K lights are a much better colour temperature light as it is much closer to the colour of good Halogen lights, and for wet or foggy weather 3000K are much better, more yellow in colour due to the lower UV

For good all round lights 4000K are best, shows up the greens and browns of roadside furniture and animals

All this is really mute since I will only be using them on the high beams and spotties so the adjustable lights won't be needed

They are technically only legal if your vehicle has either self leveling headlights or self leveling rear suspension(Mainly to keep the low beam from blinding others when the vehicle loading changes)
    Yes plus you need headlight washers as well , all other ADR rules you can overcome .

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhoon View Post
    Yes plus you need headlight washers as well , all other ADR rules you can overcome .
    From memory they need the washers because the lights don't get hot enough to get rid if ice/fogged lenses

Not a real drama here in QLD but lower down the coast it would be