Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warming up for Mondy...

Re: Warming up for Mondy...

Im out Pete, I'll just have to live my life thru you guys that week end.

I expect tales of warm fires, tasty roast dinners, and cool bevies, new faces to old names, hard fishing in clear water with rewards of big fish to the patient persistant sneaky ones.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Im out Pete, I'll just have to live my life thru you guys that week end
    Bugger! You will be missed....

There are some bad flus around ATM... You already sound a little sick...

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Hey Pete

Good thread mate.
    I am pretty laid back in my approach basically drive up the dam looking at the common varibles as the above mentioned, with that in mind I will have a basic layout of my paln as I get to my areas of intrest. I will be always watching the bait, water movement, wind and temp, to try and map out a area that I think will produce the goods.. No real big stratergy but just I spose in depth though whilst warming up the casting arm....

The guys that head up to mondy on a regular basis or know the dam will have ideas on where will produce from time on the water, from memory last year for this exsact trip we pulled into a little cove the remainin fishos who we had not seen pulled into that cove, in which we decided to have lunch, after a yarn we all pretty much answered the same responce on where to attack next... Nagg boated two fish after that.....

That was a absolute classic Nath ....... one that I will remember for years to come ....... up until that point of time we had all struggled - but funnily all finished up having lunch at the same location ........... amazing!
    Then over lunch ...... where you going to now "D" was almost unanimous with the prevailing /calming /warming conditions - 3 hookups and 2 landed ..... during that small bite window was awesome
    from memory either you or Deano dropped a fish as well !

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Everyone pulls into the bank slides up onto the grassy bank, all except one Chris BANG the only rock within a Km Naggnifacent, then after that deano diddnt want to leave I pushed him out he spun the motor around and give it a squirt and bang right where we started.... Funny stuff... Great times

Im out Pete, I'll just have to live my life thru you guys that week end.

I expect tales of warm fires, tasty roast dinners, and cool bevies, new faces to old names, hard fishing in clear water with rewards of big fish to the patient persistant sneaky ones.
    Mate .... we will be thinking of ya - you're a big part of these gatherings !

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I have a plan. Dont rightly know if its a goodun or not. But I have a plan...
    Gonna hit some wind blown points and shallow bays and cast 20,000 times and see what happens. Might change lures a few times as well.
    Steve

Everyone pulls into the bank slides up onto the grassy bank, all except one Chris BANG the only rock within a Km Naggnifacent, then after that deano diddnt want to leave I pushed him out he spun the motor around and give it a squirt and bang right where we started.... Funny stuff... Great times

Still remember that shudder Nath ........ far out , a nice bank - then bang!!! ...... prolly the only rock in that whole arm
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Mate .... we will be thinking of ya - you're a big part of these gatherings !

Chris
    Yeah Chris "Here here" to that not to mention he is our camp security at night if he can get out of the tent

Yeah Chris "Here here" to that not to mention he is our camp security at night if he can get out of the tent
    I forgot about that ....... kicked the crap out of him! - You'd hate to share a tent with the man \

btw ..... who brought the gunja or LSD ?
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

We generally have some sort of plan.......based on past experiences, forecast conditions, recent reports, a chat with the Evil Clown on the way through, Rob at the kiosk and fellow Ausfishers and campers at our site.

A quick set up of camp, a check of the gear and on the water.

The final "first"plan is not set in stone usually until we are on the water, "finger to the breeze"and definitely before I have planted the foot.

It's a balance between the excitable pre-plan, which consists of preconceived ideas on locations, gear and styles..............and more realistic expectations once on the lake.

Ideally, we should be letting nature take us to the fish, but human intervention and mind-set can be powerful obstacles to overcome.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Oh I did neglect to mention the most critical factor to our success. We ask if anyone knows where Teflon has been fishing......
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    That was a absolute classic Nath ....... one that I will remember for years to come ....... up until that point of time we had all struggled - but funnily all finished up having lunch at the same location ........... amazing!
    Then over lunch ...... where you going to now "D" was almost unanimous with the prevailing /calming /warming conditions - 3 hookups and 2 landed ..... during that small bite window was awesome
    from memory either you or Deano dropped a fish as well !

Chris
    yup, pissed me self at both incidents, and still have a chuckle now you reminded me...was a top lunch break...funny. ...also dazzas mention of a gaden classic tattoo on the opposite arm to a barra tatt,including the hookup.!,!,!. ....and yes watched chris drop one in D, and i got stitched in the 2 mile...was an awsome day on the water....lookin forward to doin it all again..

deano..
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

I got nuthin, but its noice to know some one will miss me when Im not there, even if its only to scare off the feral cats at 2 in the mornin with my nite horrors!!!

OK, so if I was going fishing:
    • Its Thurs nite, so boat is packed, all tanks are filled, and kota battery is getting a last minute top up
    • Camp gear has been checked last week end, and is laid out in the shed ready to load up tomorrow arvo. Coleman lamp is charged, head torch has new batteries, fishing gear checked to make sure everything is good to go, and wont be left behind. Freezer in shed is full of home made ice.
    • I'd have gone shopping this arvo for tucker, spuds, carrots, onions, chicken drum sticks, pork chops, bacon and eggs, premium biscuits and ham, cheese and tomato for smokeo, museli bars and apples for brekky etc etc. All the tucker is packed down in a big plastic container in the fridge. Each days smokeo would be in a bag ready to go, so when I roll in at nite, I just grab the bag and throw in the day esky ready to go next morn.
    • The beers would be chillin, check Ive got enough coke, and make sure the bundy is packed. Double check the beers are chillin.
    • Clothes bag is put together and ready to grab, extra blanket cause its going to be cold, beanie, sun gloves and hat, make sure pillow and ugg boots are packed.
    • Camera, phone, UHF radio, IPod are all charged, and in place to grab on way out on Sat morn.
    If I was going fishing that is.

I would then drive 4 and a half hours, launch my boat, abuse the goose in the black hornet that was buzzing me, and purchase a coffee up at P.K.'s Point.

You sneaky teflon coated bassard - good luck, hope you nail a few!

If you're going fishing.....