Thread: barra fishin a blast

barra fishin a blast

went to darwin for a break had to fish will i was there hired a barbie boat in corrobaree wetlands and picked up my fisrt barra and he put on a great show too
    cheers
    Skull
    GET ME A BOURB AND SHUT UP AND FISH

Re: barra fishin a blast

Good on ya Skull, Its a great feeling getting your first.
    Steve

nice healthy water way that well done on the fish

thanks robers it was good lots of crocs and other things to see and they said the barra werent running but picked up three in total for the morning one 45cm one 55cm and the one that is pictured at 75cm was hoping for a 100 plus for the first darwin trip but i think that was just wishful thinking
    cheers
    Skull

I'm heading out there saturday arvo for a flick..........couple of scum frogs around the lillies on dusk will see abit of action.......Nice relaxing place Corroboree..
    I've had a few good session's there in the past landing over 50 fish for an arvo.

Good to see you got into em Skull.

Dan,

Nice fish Skull it is an awesome place to have a couple of cool beverages ,relax and catch a few barra and togas at the same time.Was the house boat out there expensive as most things are up here? i have recently been working the edges of the lillies with rapala skitter pops early and have been having a ball actually watching the takes .Heading out there on satuday morning early with the video camera to TRY to get it on camera will post it if i can get the missus to hold the camera for long enough.

Ahhh life is tough in the territory!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ejackulate View Post
    Nice fish Skull it is an awesome place to have a couple of cool beverages ,relax and catch a few barra and togas at the same time.Was the house boat out there expensive as most things are up here? i have recently been working the edges of the lillies with rapala skitter pops early and have been having a ball actually watching the takes .Heading out there on satuday morning early with the video camera to TRY to get it on camera will post it if i can get the missus to hold the camera for long enough.

Ahhh life is tough in the territory!!!!!
    good luck to you tried a few casts with some poppers no luck used a six inch brown bomber for mine and the barbie boat was $150 for half a day well worth it, have a cool one for me
    cheers
    Skull