Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If you caught a 130 would you get it mounted?

Re: If you caught a 130 would you get it mounted?

I'm pretty sure I would think about it, if I knew the outcome was going to be pretty special. Don't know if I would spend the money on a taxidermist job but, a few good photos, with a nice frame would probably do. Don't forget these stocked systems are a put in, take out fishery, so no problems with anyone who does.
    Barra, Boars, Bundy & bare arsed
    cottersfnq@yahoo.com.au

Just had a thought could you get a mini type barra made attach it use it as the centre peice of the collarge with piccies of the fish around the mini mould plus put the relative details in there somewhere as well plus the lure that did the dammage....? at least it would be different.....?

Noel has a wall of fame in his bar. Pics of his and boys biggest barra and bass, and the lure hanging off the pic.

Matt,
    Address and ph # is:

Australian Creative Fish Mounts
    1 Law Street
    Ph: 07 4051 6182

I have a couple of pics on my phone of friends mount. He even did the inside of the mouth down the throat. I was amazed at how awesome it looked

Matt

thanks mate, good to know there is someone local for us....nice profile pic!

Think a bloke by the name of Bill Spooner operates out of Australian Creative Fish Mounts. Have seen a Coral Trout (WR fish) and also an Emperor done by Bill and they are both of excellent standard. The cost is the thing that grabs me... it'd want to be one huge fish! Perhaps if it was of extreme proportions, a local Tackle Shop or business would move in to pay for the mount & display it in their shop front (like Dave Powells WR fish @ Cairns Tackleworld on Aumuller).

As for storing the fish before it being mounted/or WR attempt... local publicans I have found are more then happy to chuck it in their freezers, as long as YOU properly wrap the fish in some form e.g. plastic, tarp etc. This has been done numerous times around the Tablelands with Tinaroo fish. The lone fish I've taken from Tinaroo was stored at the Holiday Park @ Tinaroo (deep freeze) and later transported up to the Royal Hotel in Herberton where it was kept for a day before being sliced up (not a nice job!).

I'd take a 100lb'er and the drop of a hat... wouldn't even think about it. A 130... mhmm... that would require some thought. Photographs are great things.
    TT

Agreed on the photo idea.

Put the $1200 you're prepared to spend on a mount towards good camera gear, learn how to use it, then you can take awesome pics of plenty of other fish too.
    I'm right 98% of the time - who cares about the other 3%