Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Ausfish need a HUNTING section?????

Exclamation Does Ausfish need a HUNTING section?????

Hi everyone I'm new hear but not new to forums,
    Just wanted to throw this one in the mix and get some opinions.
    Sorry if you've been down this road before.
    I have a passion for hunting (land & sea) so was wondering if there are any others that share my combined pastimes or am I just unique, also raise the question "should Ausfish consider having a HUNTING forum."
    We already have numerous fishing and shooting parties so why not a hunting section on here?
    There's heaps of fishing and shooting stores Australia wide.
    At Goondiwindi there's even a BCFH store. Boating, Camping ,Fishing, Hunting.
    I see the two going hand in hand ,their just my thoughts ,lend me yours

Keith.

P.S. Maybe we should we start a poll?

Re: Does Ausfish need a HUNTING section?????

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt-N-Gather View Post
    Hi everyone I'm new hear but not new to forums,
    Just wanted to throw this one in the mix and get some opinions.
    Sorry if you've been down this road before.
    I have a passion for hunting (land & sea) so was wondering if there are any others that share my combined pastimes or am I just unique, also raise the question "should Ausfish consider having a HUNTING forum."
    We already have numerous fishing and shooting parties so why not a hunting section on here?
    There's heaps of fishing and shooting stores Australia wide.
    At Goondiwindi there's even a BCFH store. Boating, Camping ,Fishing, Hunting.
    I see the two going hand in hand ,their just my thoughts ,lend me yours

Keith.

P.S. Maybe we should we start a poll?
    Hmmm, ausFISH??

This argument has happened before.

Arguments for...well there's a camping and 4 wheel drive section why not hunting?

Arguments against....not many people wanted it and not that many people here went hunting as such where as a lot of people go camping and a lot go 4 wheel driving....and the number of dedicated hunting sites out there already for those who indulge in hunting.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    This argument has happened before.

Arguments for...well there's a camping and 4 wheel drive section why not hunting?

Arguments against....not many people wanted it and not that many people here went hunting as such where as a lot of people go camping and a lot go 4 wheel driving....and the number of dedicated hunting sites out there already for those who indulge in hunting.

Thanks for your input Finga
    The fact that some sites can run purely on Hunting was part of the method in my madness.It would create a broader audience, which leads to added interest, more interest creates more members ,more members creates more funds, more funds ah you now the deal.
    I am a member of other forums that combine all of the above,they seem to do well.
    Keith.

hey hunt n gather im with you i would love to see the forum have a bit of everything. im a keen hunter angler and just about anything else i would try. be good to hear a few hunting stories from other people. gets me all excited.
    aaron.

Hunting is way too dusty, not to mention hard to accomplish under threat of today's smother of regulation...still it seems every 3rd ute i see up here has a dog cage bolted to it.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I personally thouroughly enjoy all of the above. However I do love the quality of the fishing knowledge here on Ausfish. Rarely do I read a post and think, thats pretty average info. I would be a little concerned if we entered hunting on here it may affect my faith in the replies.

I am a member of Hunting Clubs/forums, and I go there for my solid hunting info/stories etc.

"There is certainly something in fishing that tends to produce a gentleness of spirit, a pure serenity of mind."

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Hmmm, ausFISH??
    Hey Andy
    I have mates who hunt with both traditional & compound bows,they also target fish with these,not my cup of tea,so is that fishing ,hunting or both?
    Cheers Mate
    Keith.

Regards

mod5

Quote Originally Posted by hooknpull View Post
    hey hunt n gather im with you i would love to see the forum have a bit of everything. im a keen hunter angler and just about anything else i would try. be good to hear a few hunting stories from other people. gets me all excited.
    aaron.
    Way to go Aarron
    Thats the kick ass enthusiasm i'm looking for.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt-N-Gather View Post
    Hey Andy
    I have mates who hunt with both traditional & compound bows,they also target fish with these,not my cup of tea,so is that fishing ,hunting or both?
    Cheers Mate
    Keith.
    Yup, and I know a lot of fisherman here who ride motorcycles, so why not have a motorcycle forum too..

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post

Well at the very least the seed has indeed been planted,it may not have been required previously, but times are a changin ,nothing to loose big guy!
    No 1 Fishing,Hunting,Camping,4x4. on the net by far.
    No need to flick between sites when it all under the Ausfish big top
    Hay maybe you could even get that well earned raise if you play your cards right
    How's that poll lookin now?????????????????

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Yup, and I know a lot of fisherman here who ride motorcycles, so why not have a motorcycle forum too..
    No worries Andy point taken, will put you down as a no.
    Thanks anyway!

Motorcycles toooooo ...............
    Regards

mod5

some hunters use dogs..I have one of the best hunting breeds around..so how about a dogs section also??

But wait..in the bilge they are talking about how they are coping with injuries from years gone by..swimming..could have a swimming section also..how about a walking machine section..ahhh..the list is endless..sure would keep you busy Mod 5.