Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undersize fish

Undersize fish

So today was fishing and this guy anchored near me i was using soft plastics he was using some form of bait. " oh blah wont catch anything here using them its all about bait". saw him pull in a bream yells out looks like i have dinner. The bream would of no where near been the 25cm legal requirement but he keeps it anyway. 10 minutes later yells out looks like we have another pulls in a small flathead i called out how big he replied 33cm. he kept it again... so i said you know there ment to be 40cm nowadays. " not in my books" he took know notice and threw it in his bucket..

What do people normaly do in situations like this? is there a number you can call to get the fisheries out ?

Re: Undersize fish

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_12647.htm

Keep the rego numbers and be specific on Location, time, date and any conversation.

LP>
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thats what we have to do every time make sure we police under size fishing.
    hilly

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_12647.htm

Keep the rego numbers and be specific on Location, time, date and any conversation.

LP>
    Thanks i stored the number in my phone.

Thumbs down Re: Undersize fish

pricks dont deserve to have a boat licence

Jease the bloke cant have much of an appetite. Not much chewin in a 33cm Flatty

I have got myself in many a blue on the shorncliffe & Woody Point Jetty - I see it as almost a sport now to yell at the D!@K h@#@s that keep undersized fish - I even keep a pocket size guide for those who like to argue the point (in several languages - the wonder of the internet!!) I have been even know to tip a bucket load of undersized fish over the rail once in a hissy fit at a "little overseas man". Man they P!$$ me off. Phone number & info now stored in phone - maybe a better approach me thinks
    Rant over Sammy xx

Quote Originally Posted by hooknpull View Post
    pricks dont deserve to have a boat licence
    Pound to a pinch of Shite, he doesn't have one.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Offer to take their picture as a momento, ask them their details so you can get the pic to them. Write down their rego make the report
    Phil - Logan River / Moreton Bay Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post
    So today was fishing and this guy anchored near me i was using soft plastics he was using some form of bait. " oh blah wont catch anything here using them its all about bait". saw him pull in a bream yells out looks like i have dinner. The bream would of no where near been the 25cm legal requirement but he keeps it anyway. 10 minutes later yells out looks like we have another pulls in a small flathead i called out how big he replied 33cm. he kept it again... so i said you know there ment to be 40cm nowadays. " not in my books" he took know notice and threw it in his bucket..

What do people normaly do in situations like this? is there a number you can call to get the fisheries out ?
    should go and see if he can swim, piss you of dont they. my bro threw in a bucket off under size ones and the non english speaking gentleman off the spit entrance it was beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by philb@woody View Post
    Offer to take their picture as a momento, ask them their details so you can get the pic to them. Write down their rego make the report
    haha! thats bloody gold! love it!
    .......Ash

Blog Entries

ive done the same of the sandpumping jetty and the little fella with black hair nearly went in afterwords he had half a 20 ltr bucket of under sized my brother gave him a bare hug so i could look and chuck and the little bugger went off we just walked away as he picked up his bucket and went to leave but greg (my brother )chucked his two rods in the drink.

hilly

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    ive done the same of the sandpumping jetty and the little fella with black hair nearly went in afterwords he had half a 20 ltr bucket of under sized my brother gave him a bare hug so i could look and chuck and the little bugger went off we just walked away as he picked up his bucket and went to leave but greg (my brother )chucked his two rods in the drink.

hilly

You guys are just asking for trouble. If someone gave me a bear hug while they emptied my bucket of legal fish. Usually bear hugs are used to rob a person. You will end up in the drink.

I was once told the mud crab in my bucket was illegal when it was 15.7mm Male buck. Best way is to show them the rules, explain and use a ruler. If they don't understand get the authorities in.

As for throwing other peoples rods in the drink. This is what i would do. Give you a bear hug and call the police. Guess who would have a bill. Ur lucky they didn't use violence against you. Coz i probably would

Blog Entries

The Fish Were Under Sized And He Could Understand English And He Was Warned Twice
    Hilly

Quote Originally Posted by timddo View Post
    You guys are just asking for trouble. If someone gave me a bear hug while they emptied my bucket of legal fish. Usually bear hugs are used to rob a person. You will end up in the drink.

I was once told the mud crab in my bucket was illegal when it was 15.7mm Male buck. Best way is to show them the rules, explain and use a ruler. If they don't understand get the authorities in.

As for throwing other peoples rods in the drink. This is what i would do. Give you a bear hug and call the police. Guess who would have a bill. Ur lucky they didn't use violence against you. Coz i probably would
    most of them pretend they dont speak english but will tip thier own catch over the side when they see the authorities coming they know they just dont care
    cheers
    Skull
    GET ME A BOURB AND SHUT UP AND FISH