Thread: longtails

longtails

hey guys, still on the look out for some longtails in Moreton Bay. Anyone seen any.

cheers.

Re: longtails

hi there i saw 2pods of mchtuna and 1 pod of longies at mooloolaba on sundy and no one was on them and they were feed well and i saw some many weeks ago down the southen end of the bay at the nw corner of the green zone east of mud its been a funny start to the season i only landed 1 mctuna the last time i went out

yeah they have been a bit sporadic this year in Moreton Bay. It's on my wish list to get one. Boat is ready to go, spinning and fly rod at the ready. Appreciate your report mate. Thanks.

came across a big school of longtail near the spitfires as you head up towards bribie in theshipping channel, got one that went 12.5kg and they definetely were not flighty, they didnt go down for a good hour and the only reason they did was when the westerly hit on saturday. good luck get amongst them and i might see you out there.

troy

hi there bushweek was that you wide of skirmish just after 10am, i went up to the north to brays rock i saw nothing on the way up only bird on the water and on the way home just south of the caloundra bar there was a heap of small jelly beans and some small tailor i think ,they would not take a very small flie they must be feeding on eyes.

hey chris, we were in a 6metre centre console with a blue canopy and blue spray blinds, i saw this post asking for locations and im sorry if i mislead you but we live baited ours, yer we where wide of skirmish but i believe we may of been further east then you. we were not all that close to skirmish really. if you want the exact locations of where we come across them ile get out the gps and give you co-ordinates if you would like. what boat where you in?

thanks troy

Quote Originally Posted by bushweek View Post
    came across a big school of longtail near the spitfires as you head up towards bribie in theshipping channel, got one that went 12.5kg and they definetely were not flighty, they didnt go down for a good hour and the only reason they did was when the westerly hit on saturday. good luck get amongst them and i might see you out there.

troy
    thats awesome mate. nice fish! thanks for the info.

seriola, ile grab the gps out tommorow and tell you the beacon they were all around because i didnt mark it, and thats a starting point anyway as you know what tuna are like, there one minute gone the next.

troy

Quote Originally Posted by bushweek View Post
    seriola, ile grab the gps out tommorow and tell you the beacon they were all around because i didnt mark it, and thats a starting point anyway as you know what tuna are like, there one minute gone the next.

troy
    yeah that would be great. cheers.