43 20.77%
  • Rarely (once or twice a year)

109 52.66%
  • Often (50% of trips)

41 19.81%
  • Always (50-100%)

14 6.76%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever bagged out on any species?

Re: Have you ever bagged out on any species?

Yup.

If you go fishing enough when the snapper are "on" it is not that hard to do.

It can be disappointing when the next fish is larger than the others, though.

Still, we must not be greedy.

Yeah we'd get out bag on trout probably 2-3 times a year if we can ever get out the reef at the moment due to this bloody wind.

Reds a big mouth we would also maybe 1-2 times if we go chasing them.

We try and get a good feed and only go when we want more fish. We don't go for the sake of bagging out every weekend.

Pazz

I haven't bagged out on anything before but I am going to be home in 2 weeks with 3 weeks off and I am going to give the Moreton Bay snapper a hard time. Hopefully can bag out at least once for the first time.

Cheers,

Bill

haha someone answered always

bag out on bait fish

nearly all the fish we eat is out of my freezer so a bag out every now and then is good

I hate to have to get the cleaning table dirty for only one or two fish

cheers Murf

Trag jew - once
    Spotty macs - twice
    Snapper - four or five times....

All up in about 15 years of fishing....

bag ot a couple times a year on spaniards and spotties, and maybe once or twice on trout. Never bagged out on reds, esky isn't big enough! (though you'd think 350L would be heaps).

it can be hard not to bag out on some species at times when you fish a lot. threadfin are the only species i can say i have never baged out on off the top of my head. i prefer to only catch feed but cause it means my next trip is a lot closer to get more.

Again the poll doesn't really tell the whole story, if your the sort of fisherman that heads out before dawn and plans to be back in the afternoon your obviously going to do better than the guy that puts the boat in at 7.00am and fishes till miday ( he will do well sometimes but not that often) My last half dozen trips have had no real time limit, i left on a thursday afternoon and really only plan to be back Saturday sometime, now that's a 48hr period and at some stage over a 48 hr period the fish are going to come on the chew. It may be in the first night in which case we come home early or it maybe very scratchy for the fish day or so then fire up but generally we bag on a few species as that's what were there for. Now because of this we bagout i guess more often that most but we put in far more effort than most aswell so it balances out .

ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

do winter whiting count??????

Quote Originally Posted by lippa View Post
    do winter whiting count??????
    50 is a hard task if you have 2 rods going when solo and then there is the cleaning to look forward to.

I would prefer a couple of better snapper as they are easier to clean but when whiting fishing I am more about conserving fuel and relaxing on the calmer waters. Beer in hand and crackers abound.

It appears that most would have a relaxed attitude to getting a bag full and really for a short trip are only after the couple of feeds.

I am not here to condemn nor judge in any way, those that bag out on one or more species.

I just feel that some more professional and even green or political opinions consider that us weekend fisherman are killing out species through our exuberance to over fish areas.

Many a day I have come back with nought for the table but my enjoyment on the water was not the less satisfying for not having to clean fish at the end of the day.

Cheers
    Chris

Two Cobia and your bagged out
    6 tuskies
    10 hussar
    5 little stripies or spanish flag
    Not really that hard really
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE

Quote Originally Posted by Angla View Post
    my enjoyment on the water was not the less satisfying for not having to clean fish at the end of the day.

Ain't that the truth!

I always find that cleaning a big fish is like having to clean and dress a sheep.

After one or two, the fun goes out of it.

Lately we have been bagging on parrot and pearlies every trip but in saying this we also put in the time for example last trip left home 2am fished the sun up for nothing moved north for the rest of the day getting our bag of parrot then fished arvo getting bag of pearlies, slept there overnight for morning session way to rough for anymore fishing so we headed home at 7am with a good amount of fish between the two of us. So in that time we travelled about 150klm for 33 fish for two family's to enjoy for the next month.

I bagged out on sharks. One fish and your there

Quote Originally Posted by indy View Post
    Lately we have been bagging on parrot and pearlies every trip but in saying this we also put in the time for example last trip left home 2am fished the sun up for nothing moved north for the rest of the day getting our bag of parrot then fished arvo getting bag of pearlies, slept there overnight for morning session way to rough for anymore fishing so we headed home at 7am with a good amount of fish between the two of us. So in that time we travelled about 150klm for 33 fish for two family's to enjoy for the next month.
    I would have to admit that those trips are the more rare ones.
    Overnighters for me are more about a hot feed on the gas cooker and a couple of beers then sleep through the night and get up early to chase the fish again.

Cheers
    Chris