Thread: fishing lake borumba

fishing lake borumba

Hi guys,
    I have never fished freshwater yet and just after some info. about whats the best bait or lures for Lake Borumba.
    cheers
    Michael

Re: fishing lake borumba

Quote Originally Posted by michael m View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have never fished freshwater yet and just after some info. about whats the best bait or lures for Lake Borumba.
    cheers
    Michael
    Hi Michael

i have had success with the smaller spinnerbaits there dark colours give the guy at borumba fishing and scrapebooking a ring or email him to find out whats going on he is on the spot and has up to date info

shane

doubt if these are the best, but they go ok sometimes

Hi Michael,

Waters getting alot colder these days with Winter around the corner, so fishing techniques vary slightly. I have fished Borumba for years and love the Dam's huge variety of species, techniques whilst fishing in some of the most spectacular arena.

To start off you don't want to stretch the bank so I strongly suggest the good old spinner baits and a hand full of lippless cranks.

As a rough guide, this time of year I would normally target Bass off points in the main basin until lunch time (ish) and then target Togas in the shallows as the water warms up.

Main ones I use for Bass:
    Jackalls
    Megabass types
    Spinnerbaits - Collorados, vortex, smaks. I love anything in purple and white or black, red and black or olive and white. (use a stinger hook!)
    Blades
    Jigging icejigs or metal slices if Bassschools

Togas:
    Bubblepops
    Megabass Anthrax
    Again, spinnerbaits

Happy hunting.

Well that about sums it up.

Well done lads.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............