Thread: what bait do u like to use (creek river or bay)

what bait do u like to use (creek river or bay)

just wanted to know what bait u all use for around rivers and bay eg. live or brought bait or plastics and what do u think of plastic GULP bait???:rolleyes:

Re: what bait do u like to use (creek river or bay)

works good catches fish
    "True Blue"

Fresh Bait, no frozen crap. Bought fresh the day before from the seafood house at capalaba, or take someone who has a cast net and can get livies on the way out LOL

G'day mate, yea you really cant beat fresh bait although the soft plastics will win hands down with a bit of practice and depending on the fish. Try abit of everything. I usually set a couple of lines with some fresh bait usually prawns and pillies while muckn around with the plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyjohn View Post
    G'day mate, yea you really cant beat fresh bait although the soft plastics will win hands down with a bit of practice and depending on the fish. Try abit of everything. I usually set a couple of lines with some fresh bait usually prawns and pillies while muckn around with the plastics.

Same here. I usually carry some plastice. If the stinky bait is quite i have those lines out while flicking a plastics rod.

Mike

winter's night..after some bream..chook gut.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post

....dipped in bran to make it less yucky.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes fresh bait but even though im an old salt stuck in my ways i am coming around to soft plastics very quickly i like the way the soft plastics are attacked by the fish you are chasing (aggressive) its a little mor exiting

hilly

I like to use fresh bait. I have more luck catching the bait then the fish usually.
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

Fresh bait will catch more fish, but frozen/servo bait will often do the job as well.

My favourite bait is yabbies. Whiting, bream, flathead, flounder, long toms, anything will eat them.
    Conservation NOT preservation!

Fresh squid is the universal bait for me it seems to entise almost everything next would be the humble pilchard followed by prawns and yabbies.

I am just starting to use a few hard bodies and soft plastics after many years as a bait fisherman thanks to the info i've recieved from the guys on this site.
    Cheers Axl

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Totally agree Pinhead.
    The old chook gut is hard to beat during the dead of night during winter, when the hands are stone cold, the ears are burning from the south westerly and the layers of clothing get thicker and thicker.

That brings back some memories.

Jason.
    FISHING IS NOT A HOBBY...................IT'S AN OBSESSION!!

how many people use packet of gulp plastics and whats the best way to fish with it i have never really tryed plastic
    my rides 3.7 m tinnie
    V8 vn ss
    GQ swb patrol