Thread: Kingscliff fishing this weekend where and what to chase

Kingscliff fishing this weekend where and what to chase

Hi
    Am heading to Kingscliff this weekend and looking to do some land based fishing - surf or calm water... looking for any pointers where to go and what to target.... any help appreciated - thanks.

Re: Kingscliff fishing this weekend where and what to chase

for surf fishing get out early in the morning in front of the bowls club usually a nice gutter there. can target decent bream there, tailor can turn up at the right times, other spot is south beach (southern side of cudgen creek) usual surf species there, plus i have caught a few decent jew there late afternoon/evenings.

go for a walk up cudgen creek past the old highway bridge and flick a few plastics should be a few flatties around.

can also try the mouth of cudgen creek usual river species can be found there, once again early morning or late afternoon/evening would be best times.

see how you go.

Geez Barney don't give up all our secrets!!!!!
    don't just limit yourself to Kingscliff, especially if the wind is going to be up a bit. 10 minute drive north or South can reap great rewards

Dave

not all my secrets just a nudge in the right direction!!!!!!

Thanks for that boys.... Will give those a go, am only a holiday maker so secrets are safe with me LOL...
    Thanks again.

3m seas this sunday apparently, for surf fishing i would be out on sat morning...

We were there last week. Such a great place. Cudgen is teeming with fish, but were off the bite - might be the sheer number of people or the fact the water is so clear they spook I dont know. My eldest son, 14, does not give up and was rewarded with 2 legal flatties up about 50-100m before the bridge in Cudgen by walking the shallows at sunset and casting wiggle tail lures (Z-man so same flattie on each lure - they are tough) and doing the basic lift and wind technique with the occasional whip. You can see the flathead, bream, blackfish, and whiting when swimming in Cudgen.

Have fun.

Cheers

PS. If from Qld dont forget you need a licence for fishing salt there - online applications are taken.
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing