Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mondy One Day Wonders

Re: Mondy One Day Wonders

Nah Paulo, never did that group dancing thingy, nut bush, time warp, nice to watch the girls doin it, but Im more of a casual type, missus calls my style "The Rumbo", its usually only offered for public viewing and ridicule after quite a few rummies!
    Water looked OK mate up the back blocks, but a look at the bank, and racking the memory, it was very heavilly vegetated with a lot of low shrubs and stuff, so I figued it mite still be struggling with O2 levels, or Ph, or some other type of un-known that I cant readilly measure. No bait movement forced my hand, and we got out of dodge, and had a hang on the new big island past C Bay. That place looks verrrry fishy, and will be a definate "must fish more" spot in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    I wish Johnno.
    Tomorrow nite Im donning my finest rented tuxedo, the missus is breaking out her glad rags, and we are mixing it with the hoity tootie at a black tie formal ball.
    All the free beer and rum I can drink, dinner, dancing, should be a good nite, plus earn some brownie ponts.
    Nah Paulo,, missus calls my style "The Rumbo", its usually only offered for public viewing and ridicule after quite a few rummies!
    Yes, but I have found what might seem an opportunity to earn points can in fact work against you when the grog is free. :shocked: I still recall allegations of me making a speech at a mixed wedding I accompanied the fat controller to. I stood up and thanked the original owners, seemed like the thing to do when half the crowd were indigenous. i also complimented the great family atmosphere; (there had been some domestic issues) :undecided: . I didn't know any of them of course before that. :huh: but I from the feedback recieved I believe they remember me. :rolleyes:

But I did go with her for one of those moving meals yesterday. You know the ones where you go from place to place. Nice, A Pie from the bakery and chips and gravy from the take away next door :wink: I bought the cans of coke. :cool:

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    Top report Brian,its interesting that the water quality is still down in certain areas I would've thought everywhere would be coming good by now?:undecided: I hope the "nice"lady caught one on your gift.That was a top gesture:cool: and can only improve the standing of the Mondy Crew. I'm dropping off some more brochures to Boaties Warehouse in M'boro next week.

I had you down as a "Nutbush" man Brian:grin:, definitely not "Pride of Erin" haven't been there since school. lol
    Paulo.
    Paulo,

the scary part is its true about the pride of erin and all the old time stuff. !! I shi% myself when I went to my first Gin Gin Show ball in 2007, and they did them!!! I got dragged up a few times......lucky the old primary school memories and instinct kicked in!!!.....along with some XXXX courage.:smiley: Its actually a good night....tried conning Poiter and Deano into comin in for it.....theres a few local lasses without dates for the night:wink:....said they only had 'thongs and t shirts'....poor excuse!!

Big D, I am imagining your speech now.!!! that would have been funny.....at least from the view of us that know you!!!!:smiley::smiley:

BTW.....no fish this morning for the lads or I:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Yes, but I have found what might seem an opportunity to earn points can in fact work against you when the grog is free. :shocked: I still recall allegations of me making a speech at a mixed wedding I accompanied the fat controller to. I stood up and thanked the original owners, seemed like the thing to do when half the crowd were indigenous. i also complimented the great family atmosphere; (there had been some domestic issues) :undecided: . I didn't know any of them of course before that. :huh: but I from the feedback recieved I believe they remember me. :rolleyes:

But I did go with her for one of those moving meals yesterday. You know the ones where you go from place to place. Nice, A Pie from the bakery and chips and gravy from the take away next door :wink: I bought the cans of coke. :cool:
    Daz,a real peacemaker mate:grin: bridging the divide. by the way trolling the milkbars and takeaways doesn't count as taking the lady out mate.GOOD TRY BUT NO CIGAR:cheesy::cheesy:
    Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Paulo,

the scary part is its true about the pride of erin and all the old time stuff. !! I shi% myself when I went to my first Gin Gin Show ball in 2007, and they did them!!! I got dragged up a few times......lucky the old primary school memories and instinct kicked in!!!.....along with some XXXX courage.:smiley: Its actually a good night....tried conning Poiter and Deano into comin in for it.....theres a few local lasses without dates for the night:wink:....said they only had 'thongs and t shirts'....poor excuse!!

Big D, I am imagining your speech now.!!! that would have been funny.....at least from the view of us that know you!!!!:smiley::smiley:

Steve
    Pride of Erin,Bladon Races,Gay Gordons,The Lambeth Walk oi', brings back some memories.Steve,I used to work alongside a certain Bill down in maryboro any relation??Also,whats the ramp like at Lake Gregory??Get in with a sedan?

No fish for me today either,left it a bit late.
    Paulo

Great Barra mate!
    Well Done.

Jason.
    FISHING IS NOT A HOBBY...................IT'S AN OBSESSION!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    Pride of Erin,Bladon Races,Gay Gordons,The Lambeth Walk oi', brings back some memories.Steve,I used to work alongside a certain Bill down in maryboro any relation??Also,whats the ramp like at Lake Gregory??Get in with a sedan?

No fish for me today either,left it a bit late.
    Paulo
    Hey Paul

You'll get in with a sedan at Isis ....... about up to the level of the boot :rolleyes:

Seriously ...... if you have a drive on arrangement , a sedan will struggle ( its such a long gentle slope - dirt ramp) My Prado goes in up to the side steps

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks Chris,be a trip for Mikeys Cruiser next time they're up:grin:.Been meaning to get there for awhile,I've heard theres some big Bass getting around in there.:shocked:I've got the same acess problems at Als honey spot on the Burrum,sigh!:huh:
    Paulo.

Bad luck on the no fish fellas.

Howd ya go last nite Mr Bechly, sartoricaly resplendant no doubt, and cutting the rug with the best of them??

Howd ya go last nite Mr Bechly, sartoricaly resplendant no doubt, and cutting the rug with the best of them??
    Sartorially Resplendent!!! Geezus B, I had to google that one!:rolleyes: We shall have to wait and see tho' I'm sure capt'n chaos scrubs up ok after a tub, Dunno how the thongs and stubbies go over for black tie events but it is Gin Gin after all.

How was your flash affair? did you behave or is there another place you're no longer welcome?

I heard they were a varitable reincarnation of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers:wink:
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Brian...cut the rug alright!! did a few prides!! all good...had a few ales. Pretty good night actually. Got to 'assist' the show society lads emptying the last keg yesterday arvo whilst watching the footy...great way to recover!!....how did your shindig go Tef????

About to take the tribe on a 4x4 day trip to 1770 via baffle and up thru wreck rock etc...should be interesting...If I dont get back on here tonight....send a search party!!! proboably bogged somewhere!!!:grin:

Stevo
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

Had a good nite, but really shouldnt attend charity auctions when the p#ss is free, 100 Coronas and I woke up with a 5' signed portrait of Kylie Minogue in the hotel room. WTF happened there I asked Debs? Its for a good cause she assures me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Paulo,

Steve
    Mmm, had i known the offer was coming I would have brought my new double pluggers and my best sleeveless shirt.

May have been safer there than around the camp kitchen with the Marryyabrother showies, although I think Deano took a shine to one old boiler who still had most of her teeth:lipsrsealed:

Stevie, did u find the problem with the Merc??

Pete.

The one with teeth??? Deano you kinky bugger:wink:
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'