Thread: crawchies for cod bait

crawchies for cod bait

Was thinking about heading back out to the condamine Queens bday long weekend,being winter and crawchies will probably be hard to come across was wondering if anyone has any crawchies in there dam theyd like to sell me.or does anyone have any other ideas to use for cod n yella bait?
    cheers james

Re: crawchies for cod bait

Gday James,,,,Mate cod love woodgrubs if you can get them or lures & spinnerbaits & yellas like nothing better than the slimy earthworm or lures as well....

Cheers Baz

Not a big lure fisherman, id rather set some lines sit back n have a rum or 2.
    Will have a crack at gettin some grubs

watch what you say on this chat forum about using set lines mate. Last time I mention that I was going to set 4 lines per person within 200 meters, as the law allows, I was set upon like a crinimial. Dont forget to put your name on them also.

The dams up here have plenty of crawchies, best dams are the rocky botton one. The bury in the mud otherwise.
    I can get plenty if needed, but im at Pittsworth.

Mate I fish out near millmerran so pitsworth is not a worry..
    No problems there mate, I make sure all me gear is ship shape and with in the law
    cheers James

Crawchies can be caught all year round mate! I reckon its a myth that "go down in the mud" cause I can go out with a few drop nets in the dead of winter and catch just as many, if not more, as in summer time!