Thread: Qiuntrex Trailer Mods

Qiuntrex Trailer Mods

Hi
    Has anyone done any modification to a drive on quintrex trailer to convert back to a winch on.I am trying to avoid dunking the trailer in salt water to increase the life of it & its bit of a climb to get it on the skids as there is no rollers at the rear to take the weight.Have attach photo to explain.
    Any ideas/advise would be appriecated.
    Cheers Mark

Re: Qiuntrex Trailer Mods

great beach launch trailer, drag boat up sand then reverse trailer under boat and winch the last bit

why can't you winch on?

cheers Murf

5 minutes washing a trailer is much cheaper than fixing a boat and motor dropped on the ramp. The trailer shown is really no different to a "winch on" trailer. I'd suggest it's not properly set up if it's difficult to launch/retrieve.

Quote Originally Posted by robothefisho View Post
    5 minutes washing a trailer is much cheaper than fixing a boat and motor dropped on the ramp. The trailer shown is really no different to a "winch on" trailer. I'd suggest it's not properly set up if it's difficult to launch/retrieve.
    Thanks for the reply
    Launching is fine but retrieving a pain, the boat(460 topender) has to ride up the skids on to the trailer as there is no rear roller to help it climb. I am trying for ideas on fitting a rear roller/rollers to the trailer so I don`t have to put so much in the water.

Bassman...I have an openback trailer that my hornet sits on except mines a special trailer and I hate it.I resorted to putting a 2 speed winch on and that helps a bit.I will eventually get around to putting a centering roller on the back one day.You might have to put a bit more trailer in the water to retrieve if you are finding it a bit hard.

Toddy

put a 3500lb $57 delivered evilbay electric winch on mine a few months back and its sooo easy now sitting in the cab of the 4b with the remote winching on the 4.75 tinny

cheers Murf

Looking closer at the photo I think you have a constant depth keel, on first examination i thought it finished forward of the transom, which in turn made me think the rear roller was set off the keel for a reason. However looking at it now, if i was you i would raise that roller untill it touches the keel, thus taking the weight off the skids when winching up. The rollers should be taking most of the weight, and the skids just preventing the boat from rocking. Grease rollers pins and it will go up and down no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by robothefisho View Post
    Looking closer at the photo I think you have a constant depth keel, on first examination i thought it finished forward of the transom, which in turn made me think the rear roller was set off the keel for a reason. However looking at it now, if i was you i would raise that roller untill it touches the keel, thus taking the weight off the skids when winching up. The rollers should be taking most of the weight, and the skids just preventing the boat from rocking. Grease rollers pins and it will go up and down no worries.
    thanks robothefisho

That roller that is in the yoke is not ajustable & does little until the bow/nose has climbed the skids,I agree it would help if you could raise it but think that fitting a roller closer to the rear will really help.My problem is how?

so can you drop the skids and the first roller forward so the keel is on the rear roller?

cheers murf

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    so can you drop the skids and the first roller forward so the keel is on the rear roller?

cheers murf
    Thanks Murf I have adjusted them to no avail.The rear roller that sits on the yoke is not really load bearing but will look again tomorrrow nite.
    Cheers
    Mark