Thread: Recipe Book, Any Suggestions?

Recipe Book, Any Suggestions?

Hi all, just wondering if someone can recommend a recipe book on seafood cooking. I am really after a book widely based on BBQ cooking seafood but inside cooking would be good to. Main seafood being fish, prawns, crabs etc... Any suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks, Matt

Re: Recipe Book, Any Suggestions?

Have a look at the recipe chat board on this site. We've gleaned quite a few good recipes from here!

Darren

If you can get hold of a copy (might have to look through some second hand book sites).....the "Fishermans Cookbook" by John McConkey would be a worthwhile addition to the arsenal. Goes through most popular australian fish species giving recipes on cooking them...as well as the usual tips on catching them as well. The other great thing is....he is still alive and kicking...and would happily discuss any of his recipes with anyone who cares to ring him. (he is Alveys sales manager in NSW..and a bloody nice bloke to boot...though he has a very sarcastic sense of humour...so be prepared to have the piss taken out of you).

Greg

another good one is the book that comes with a Weber BBQ when you buy some certain models, although it is not all Seafood it has a rather large section on cooking and preparing Seafood, no too sure if you can get it seperate, but a trip to (say) BBQs Galore might get you started.

Ive got a copy of Alice Doyle's definitive guide to cooking fish and seafood in Australia. its full on all 172 pages.
    Tips for buying keeping ,
    Quality types,
    Availability;when and where.
    First published 1979
    Reprinted 1980, 82 ,83 ,84, 86 &87 ???
    This might be an oldie but its a goodie.

Don't laugh but Sally Jennin's books are also great and easy recipes too, lots of BBQ stuff.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my father inlaw has that cook book by john McConcy but i can't have it until he dies the old salt.
    glynn

Glynn,
    In a few months time I should be in my new house...which means I will be able to unpack the storage unit. I am sure I have a couple of copies of it in there. (i used to sell them in my tackle shop). Might be able to do a deal.

Greg