Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Logan Prawns

Ausfish Addict

Thumbs up Logan Prawns

Brother sent me some photos of his prawning, just wish he would send a feed, bit hard eating photos :grin: . He makes his own nets, with extra large pockets. :tongue:
    cheers
    Joe

Re: Logan Prawns

good effort well done to your brother. might see him out there this weekend.

He is a legend. The only prawns I get in a bloody net are the ones that are hit by the sinkers if it opens up even!

Ausfish Addict

he called in today, he said there is 3 to 4 kg in the pocket, 5 casts filled one bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Seaweed View Post
    He is a legend. The only prawns I get in a bloody net are the ones that are hit by the sinkers if it opens up even!

i know exactly what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by dspt69 View Post
    i know exactly what you mean.
    You will slay them, with your new net.
    Only problem with the Logan prawns is they haven't been around lately. The trawlers cleaned them up. They were great last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pero View Post
    You will slay them, with your new net.
    Only problem with the Logan prawns is they haven't been around lately. The trawlers cleaned them up. They were great last week.
    definately will give it a try this weekend though. i've been practicing in the backyard.

Ausfish Addict

Gee don't tell my bro they arent there, or he may think he is dreaming. :grin:
    cheers
    Joe

All the prawns where hiding at the Viccie Pt ramp yesterday, neighbour got them and they wernt there this morning.
    Tangles KFC

Prawn Tampura tonight? Bondy.

garlic prawns are better

Ausfish Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dspt69 View Post
    thats an under statement
    i was there for a couple of hours for nothing i dont think i know what im looking for on my sounder.
    Depends on your sounder but most come up as rain like the pic i posted above, (so i'm told) the mono sounder my brother had previous, they were extremely hard to find, as they showed up as little blocks, with sounders like the one he has now (not very expensive) they are worth the investment. Maybe some of the guys can post their pics of sounders with a show of prawns, give us all an idea how the different sounders show.
    hope this helps.
    cheers
    Joe.

Wish that was true, I saw a few of them with 2 x 20L buckets full and they were still slaying them with only 2 POB :huh:
    Was a nice day tho we managed to just fill a 10L bucket in 4hrs, not too dissapointed with that tho considering it was our 1st effort with fairly basic cast nets.
    Wouldn't mind having a go at those nets the yellow rain jacket crew were using with chain on bottom, bloody ell they can open up a net, would love to be able to throw like that !
    Also saw one bloke get a flathead then proceed to bite its head off !!!
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 22-05-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Hey Jaybee

Long time no hear.....
    How're you doing?

Beggsy

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    Depends on your sounder but most come up as rain like the pic i posted above, (so i'm told) the mono sounder my brother had previous, they were extremely hard to find, as they showed up as little blocks, with sounders like the one he has now (not very expensive) they are worth the investment. Maybe some of the guys can post their pics of sounders with a show of prawns, give us all an idea how the different sounders show.
    hope this helps.
    cheers
    Joe.
    hey mate yeh i have one of those cheapo sounders thats in black and white and most of the time i think it is picking up debri rather than fish or prawns. its a lowrance basic model that they throw in with most boat packages and i'm not real sure as to what settings i should play with either. it would be great if there was somewhere you could go to take lessons on sounders. does anybody know of such a place? thanks