Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Logan Prawns

Re: Logan Prawns

Well mi hearties prawns were on today, who would think hey! Middle June, brass monkey weather...were was the welder!!!

Pero and I teamed up and decided to go to Pero's "G-Spot", that G spot was slow and only managed a l litre, I managed to outdo Pero, 5 prawns to Pero's 1 . Tried low tide and bugger all.

So we decided to go hunt around and viola, I spot them in the Logan

Nailed those bananas. Sure there was a few biggies amongst them but mostly mediums...20 litres All over in 1 hour, had to work for them, wind was a pain and fast current made it a bit difficult. If the wind was not as strong, would have been over in way shorter time.

Who was said you cant catch prawns on an incoming and high tide at that? Just because they could not catch any on the high tide does not mean anything.

Photo will posted when I get around to it in the next few days

I seen you out there Adam, no doubt you will be out and about soon catching a few too.

A bit late but there is the photo, too bad I had to cut the image down to 1/65th of what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Well mi hearties prawns were on today, who would think hey! Middle June, brass monkey weather...were was the welder!!!

Pero and I teamed up and decided to go to Pero's "G-Spot", that G spot was slow and only managed a l litre, I managed to outdo Pero, 5 prawns to Pero's 1 . Tried low tide and bugger all.

So we decided to go hunt around and viola, I spot them in the Logan

Nailed those bananas. Sure there was a few biggies amongst them but mostly mediums...20 litres All over in 1 hour, had to work for them, wind was a pain and fast current made it a bit difficult. If the wind was not as strong, would have been over in way shorter time.

Who was said you cant catch prawns on an incoming and high tide at that? Just because they could not catch any on the high tide does not mean anything.

Photo will posted when I get around to it in the next few days

I seen you out there Adam, no doubt you will be out and about soon catching a few too.
    hey bondy good to meet ya today.
    well done boys. good to see they are still around. i went out this morning and had a bit of a throw around after low tide but not a single prawn so decided to go for a fish instead and ended up with a few bream and a flatty so that will do me. i think i might take pero up on his extension offer after all.

dspt69,

Good to put a face to someones name hey!, Good to have met ya too.

Bugger all on low tide, yet some person on this forum (don't know who) swears black and blue low tide is best. We certainly proved that person wrong hey!

Good to hear you managed to get a feed of fish, we also managed to get a flattie and a large mullet in the cast.

I wish you well on your next outing.

Don't worry, I have not forgotten about it, still to be uploaded when I get to it

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hay peter the work load is getting shorter we'll be trying that new rod of yours out soon and ill show you a jew spot that will rock your socks off.

cheers glynn

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    hay peter the work load is getting shorter we'll be trying that new rod of yours out soon and ill show you a jew spot that will rock your socks off.

cheers glynn
    Hey Glenn,

I've got just the rod for that jew, caught a few big ones on that one and two Marlin.

The other rod wont cut the mustard. I'lll give the other one a workout when your workload is done.

Cheers, Peter

Photo added, a bit late and yeah its 1/65th of what the image would have been, otherwise it would look beautiful. just like mona lisa but more taste

That net eating snag in the Logan reminds me of the tree that use to eat Charlie Brown's kites.

Is it possible the tree got washed into the Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Defore View Post
    That net eating snag in the Logan reminds me of the tree that use to eat Charlie Brown's kites.

Is it possible the tree got washed into the Logan
    Yeah it could be, maybe the marine borers can get stuck into it and decompose it quickly . Wishful thinking

Bonnddddyyyyyyyyyy! got my bucket yesterday in spot G. had a ballllll! fresh prawnnies for dinner .
    Cameras playing up, but, I will see if I can send a pic

ok. lets hope this works-

Perrrroooo,

Matey I thought you would be at "Spot G", love the caption "Heartless", last of the prawns I think for this year down here unless you have connections with King Neptune.

Hope you had the fire stoked when you got back.

Well done,

I'll have to wait until my hands have healed before I cast my hand on these beauties