Thread: Catching Borumba Toga's in May??

Catching Borumba Toga's in May??

Hey everyone,

I've only fished FW once and I was lucky enough to hook up with a decent Toga earlier in the year and am planning to head back up that way over the next few weekends.

However I've heard that the Toga's go off the bite at a certain time of the year due to spawning? I just wanted to see if anybody know's what time of the year this is and if I go up in the next 2 weekends will I have a chance of catching a Toga or will I be wasting time with the spawning season?

Do the Bass still play the game in winter or are they quiet also??

Thanks for any help on this topic.

Bermo

Re: Catching Borumba Toga's in May??

Hey Bermo

Last question First - The bass fishing can be at its best during the cooler months , with deeper schooled up fish being the main target with lures like blades , Jackalls & ice jigs.

as for the toga ...... from my understanding they do go quiet though can still be caught ( particularly on those warmer days) - spinnerbaits

may I suggest you contact Borumba fishing & scrapbooking (Imbil) - you should get some good up to date info

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Cheers Chris I'll do that, might head up anyway and see if I can get some Bass then.

Bermo, last week end I lost a thumping Toge on spinner bait in the lillies back of Kingarm arm, and scrounged up half a dozen rat bass, all on spinner baits.
    There was a big school of lock jawed bass sitting in 30 foot of water out off one of the basin points, but I couldnt raise any interest jigging a blade thru them.

Ask Borumba Bob at the Borumba camp if you head that way and buy a lure off him if you are fair dinkum.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

I was there last weekend with a fly fishing mate. He threw flies and I threw flies/hardbodies. It was very slow and by the lack of trailers at the ramp, the word has got around. Water has cooled considerably. Very little surface action and only a few schools hold deep.

Pulled the scales off a couple of toga including one with some size and dropped some bass and toga, landing only one mid size bass. Mate landed nothing and dropped one bass.

Word at the ramp was that no one was doing any better.

Steve

Thanks guys, I'll see how I'm feeling later in the week. Did you get any Red Claw on the weekend BR?

Cheers

Bermo

Bermo i was there about 28 april we landed 5 toga biggest was 75cm also we got about 10 bass from small to 42cm all fish caught on purple and blue spinnerbaits we went back a week later all we got was 2 bass 32 and 43cm on spinners and the claw were still active then

shane

Go to McDonald instead bermo.:wink:

Quote Originally Posted by bermo82 View Post
    Thanks guys, I'll see how I'm feeling later in the week. Did you get any Red Claw on the weekend BR?

Cheers

Bermo
    Hey Bermo mate, glad to see you've got the F/W bug, hope it works out better for you than your flathead career.
    I recon Borumba will be tough this w/e. I'll be ducking over to Moreton to chase squid (& tuna if I see some) early on Sat morn and back b4 lunch, as long as the weather forecast stays the same. Solo ATM so give me a call on my mob or at work (soon) if you want to come along. I've got plenty of sq jigs.
    Cheers
    MD